LG Enact VS890 - How to upgrade Android OS to 7.0
LeeTay

Can I upgrade my Enact VS890 4G to run the most current Android OS? If so, how? (The check-for-updates function doesn't move me past 4.4.2

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Enact VS890 - How to upgrade Android OS to 7.0
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That device is unlikely to receive any more updates to the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

LeeTay wrote:

Can I upgrade my Enact VS890 4G to run the most current Android OS? If so, how? (The check-for-updates function doesn't move me past 4.4.2

That is an old device and if it was going to get upgraded it would have been upgraded a long time ago. That OS is 4 years old. Odds are you device wouldn't support any of the newer updates anyway. Odds are many apps wouldn't even work on it even with the latest OS. Also it only has band 13. So your speed will always be limited. You really need to just upgrade to something newer. Even the cheapest Android verizon sells is many times better that what you are using. Heck even my LG G4 is stuck on Marshmallow( 6.0 )and my phone came out 20 months after yours. Don't expect updates after 2 years from the phones release.

here's a LG phone for $168 that has Nougat. Not the latest but most phones don't have Oreo anyway. Low end phones by today's standards, but MILES better than what you have.

LG K20 V | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
LeeTay

Thanks for the detailed response. I have doggedly clung to my Enact because I strongly prefer the slide-out keyboard, but I don’t appear to have many options left. I guess I’ll just have to bite the bullet and upgrade, and improve my typing skills on the tiny screen keyboard.

Lee

0 Likes
LeeTay

Thanks, Ann154. I gather I’m going to have to give up my slide-out keyboard and make the best of it.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Trust me I used to love the slide out too. However on newer phones since the screen is bigger than what you have the keyboard and keys really aren't smaller.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for reaching out to us. We understand wanting to make sure you received the most recent version on your device, LeeTay. The last time we updated the LG Enact was 9/19/2015 http://vz.to/1BnSt25

http://vz.to/2aSt0c5

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeTay, it's understandable to want to keep the features you're comfortable with on a phone. Ann154 and boringusername both provided some great information, as updates can actually harm the performance of older devices after a while because the technology changes so fast. To add to that link you received, here's more device options to choose from:http://spr.ly/6588DHweo

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes