LG Enlighten - will I hate it?
HDP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently have an lg Octane and am thinking about an upgrade to a smartphone.  To be honest I do not need all the bells and whistles (I have an iPad provided by my employer) but I would like to be able to do things like manage my calendars, have a reliable GPS, and browse the internet when wireless is not available.  A physical keyboard is a must, but I also want a fairly small phone.  I would get the Droid 4 but it's so big and I know I wouldn't use all the features.  So my question is could the Enlighten fit my needs or would I be disappointed?  I know many of the reviews complain about battery life - but would it be an issue for me if all I am really doing is using it to make calls & text and the occasional app usage? Anybody have anything good to say about it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Enlighten - will I hate it?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Both the LG Enlighten and the DROID 4 have the same/similar features. I would suspect however that the DROID 4 has more memory and will be supported with Software updates for far longer than the LG Enlighten. The LG Enlighten is also a 3G only phone. Verizon Wireless is encouraging users to upgrade to a 4G phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I just wanted to add to this conversation.  Ann is correct in that the phones have similar features and brings about a great point about 4G.  If you want a small phone, then the Enlighten is the way to go.  I suggest going by one of the stores to see just how it feels in your hands compared to the Droid 4 or any other phone.  Any of the Android phones will give you a great calendar experience that can be synced with your Google calendar.  I love mine and use it all the time on my Droid 3.  As far as battery life, you can expect shorter life from any device with a big screen.  I would think the Droid 4's battery life would be shorter than the Enlighten's due to just the difference in screen size.  I can get about 18 hours on my Droid 3.  Good luck on yoru decision.

Doc

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HDP!  Ann154 & StreetDocRN brought out some great points & feedback concerning these two devices!  I’d also like to provide you a link to our Smartphone Finder here: http://bit.ly/wRZCWE  Maybe you’ll find other device options as well!  Thanks, and let us know which model you go with!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
HDP
Enthusiast - Level 2

They did bring out good points.  I am really hoping to hear from someone who has an Enlighten... but I guess there aren't many who participate on the forum.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure who has one on here.  I think has a LG Spectrum which is similar.  Most happy customers don't come to customer forums like this one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tholmes22

I know this conversation is sort of overdue... But I own a LG Enlighten. I have had it since September-ish. It is a good phone for simple needs, for the most part. If all you are doing is texting, calling, and checking email, it's a decent phone for you. But as for apps, NEGATIVE!  Over time, it sucks. Mine often shuts itself down, the only app I have is Facebook, I can't have Instagram, or any music downloading apps, or games, since I have to clear my memory almost daily or I cannot receive text messages, besides, many apps do not work on it. And lastly, LG phones are long overdue when it comes to Android updates. For example, LG is still configuring the Ice Cream Sandwich software update, and the new, supposedly "best Android update yet," the Jelly Bean update, has not even come close to going to LGs. I will never own a LG again after having this phone. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone.

0 Likes
kgreenman21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do yourself a favor and stay away from LG phones. The support isn't the best and they don't offer updates too often. The Droid 4 is actually a pretty good phone. Are you looking for something with a low price tag? If so, the Droid 4 isn't a bad option. Some things you need to consider are:

1. Do you need a slide out keyboard

2. Dual core CPU

3. RAM - 1GB is the new standard

4. ICS - get a device that is already upgraded or on the list to be upgraded

If cost is a concern of yours, check out Wirefly, Letstalk, and Amazon Wireless. They usually offer better discounts than Verizon Wireless. Right now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is on sale for $49.99 and it's the Android flagship device. That means that you get a stock, vanilla version of Android without all of the bloatware from the carrier and manufacturer. It is also the first to receive updates.

0 Likes
HDP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I kind of let this slide, didn't I?  I ended up getting the iPhone 4s with a discount.  I figured for the price I might as well get something that I know will be a solid phone for the length of my contract.  Thanks all for the answers.

David_Sr_
Enthusiast - Level 1

the iPhone 4s was a great choice, i love my 4s and it's never let me down. my enlighten on the other hand blows, lacks in memory and even when i have space whether internal or on my memory card i cant update my applications and that becomes a problem! its slow and crashes a lot!

0 Likes