LG G PAD X VK815 won't power on
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

My LG G PAD X 8.3 (VK815), has stopped working completely. I've tried all the usual simple solutions, such as leaving it alone to charge up, performing a "hard" reset, ect., but nothing has worked. The only thing I've noticed is when I plug the tablet into it's charger there is a faint fast "beeping" sound coming from somewhere - a double "beep-beep", repeated at a fast rate. Besides that the tablet is totally dead.

Any ideas anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G PAD X VK815 won't power on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is concerning to hear, Looneyman. Let's look into this. What charger are you using? Is there any screen activity at all? Are you seeing any damage to the device?

TabithaJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm using the stock charger, which I confirmed works by using it to charge a different tablet. There is zero screen activity no matter what I try to do. There is no damage to the tablet at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Looneyman, I depend on my tablet and I'm sure you do as well. Let's continue our efforts. I see you tried a reset. Did you complete this by pressing and holding the power and the volume down button at the same time?

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I did try a hard reset by holding power + vol. button for over two

minutes with no response from the tablet. It appears to me that the tablet

mainboard has suffered some type of fatal hardware failure.

On Apr 3, 2017 21:47, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
HJOKM74

I am having a similar issue. My LG G tablet worked just fine yesterday. Today I have tried just about every solution or suggestion i can find. My tablet starts up, it gets to the red Verizon screen then beeps and shuts off. The battery is fully charged. I am using the charger that came with my tablet. There is no visual damage to the tablet. I don't know what else to do. Help please!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HjokMN74

I'm so sorry to hear your having tablet issues. Let's get to the bottom of this. Have you tried a different charger? Did it recently have a system update? Any new applications?

JoeL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HJOKM74

I have tried several different power cords and outlets. I'm not sure when the last system update was. The last app i put on my tablet was Tunein so i could stream a local radio station. That was about a week or two ago.

0 Likes
CAITLIN_LENHERT

I'm having the same problem with my Lg G3 phone and the Verizon store employees told me it is a software issue with LG and that my only option is to get a new phone 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caitlin.Lenhert I'm sorry to hear about these issues you've been having. We definitely want to review all of your options to get you into a new phone. How long have you had this problem? Also are you using the charger that came with the device?

JoelD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes