Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
lg3lollipopjunk

they wherekey in making the lollipop ..

0 Likes
Re: LG G Vista recent update to Lollipop is horrible! Can I somehow get back to the software it came with: kitkat?
Snn5
Legend

No, Google makes the Android OS.  Manufacturers do not develop the Android OS.

0 Likes
chris607
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issues and more on my Samsung Galaxy S4 after the Lollipop update. 
I am here as I was searching if I should to the update to my LG G Vista (spare phone).   Guess I will hold off.

THEFERMANATOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it possible to stop the lollipop update? I just got a new phone because my 2 month old Vista basically quit making calls and texts after the update. My replacement still has kit Kat, and works. Verizon still lists the specs on this phone as having 4.4.2 kit Kat, and forcing this 5.1 update to lollipop seems to me to be a useable offense. I bought a phone with kit Kat, it is listed as having kit Kat, works great on kit Kat, yet they are forcing an update to make it not work, and changes it from what I bought. This sure sounds to me like false advertising, and grounds for a refund. I am doing my best to avoid updating my replacement as I don't want render it useless as well. But this popup to update is getting VERY annoying. I just want my phone to stay as what I purchased, not what Verizon wants it to be. So give us a way to stop this unwanted update so we can keep what we bought.

Snn5
Legend

You cannot keep 4.4.2 officially. And, by going unofficial routes to keep 4.4.2, you run the risk of complete uselessness of the phone.   It will auto update at some point.  Best thing to do is to back up all your media, but do not back up app data nor auto restore apps.  Factory reset the phone.  Take the update, THEN download your apps fresh from the Play Store.  Verizon will tell you that as part of the agreement, your device must take updates to work on the network and keep to security parameters.

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly, I agree! Loved it when it had kitKat.... Worked great. Mine is still saying it has the original OS and its actually taking up space, but I can't even do anything about it! It very clearly still has it. And this is totally false advertising! It's the worst experience I've ever had trying to get a refund, I shouldn't have to keep this phone because of Verizon's lack of giving a crap that they did, in fact, royally screw up their update.

0 Likes
THEFERMANATOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found a way to at least for the time being stop the lollipop update without rooting the phone and violating the terms of my contract. And I must say my replacement phone is actually working now. I'm scared to post how I found to do it for fear verizon will find out and close the loophole I found. I will also say my available memory went from 38% on my old phone with all the same apps and updates loaded to 68% now that I'm on kitkat again. We just switched to verizon because my wife demanded it(discount through work), and am really regretting it. She's having all kinds of problems with her iphone 5s since updating, and now this with mine. I'm remembering why we left verizon oh so many years ago.

JecNire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really....

0 Likes
THEFERMANATOR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it finally caught up to me, and now won't let me not install. Went through the whole install process, and it didn't take. Now it just keeps repeating telling me to install the update everytime it reboots, but it won't go through. So much for the guy in the store telling me "we don't force you to update".

Snn5
Legend

Yep....

Snn5 wrote:

You cannot keep 4.4.2 officially. And, by going unofficial routes to keep 4.4.2, you run the risk of complete uselessness of the phone.   It will auto update at some point.  Best thing to do is to back up all your media, but do not back up app data nor auto restore apps.  Factory reset the phone.  Take the update, THEN download your apps fresh from the Play Store.  Verizon will tell you that as part of the agreement, your device must take updates to work on the network and keep to security parameters.