LG G3 Marshmallow update causing problem with SD Card
dd100012

Ever since I complete the update to my LG G3 to Marshmallow my Micro SD card has stopped working.  Shortly after the update I was getting a message that the SD Card has been ejected but now the card does not show up in File Manager.  What can I do to activate the card again.  I like saving photographs to the card.  I've read on line that Marshmallow allows you to merge external memory with internal memory.  Do you suggest I do that and if so what is the process to set that up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 Marshmallow update causing problem with SD Card
dd100012

It looks like I just corrected the problem.  A message just  popped up indicated that the SD Card needed to be formatted. I followed the on screen instructions and the card is now available for use.  I would suggest backing up the files before formatting otherwise you'll lose whats on the card.

0 Likes

Same issue with my LG G3. After Marshmallow  update one of my apps stored on the 64G SD card shutdown then I got the error message that SD was corrupted.I took it out to copy the files to my PC, re-formatted the SD Card in the phone, worked for a little while then I got an error message of card improperly ejected.Check to make sure it was in all the way. Still not working. Tried my 32G SD card with the same results. Did a factory reset and still won't recognize the SD card for very long. I think I'll need to go into the store and have them flash my phone back with the Lollipop.

0 Likes
dd100012

I still have the same problem.  The SD card worked for awhile and then stopped working.  I tried formatting it several times with the same results.  I then purchased a new high speed card and again the same results.  The G3 does not see the card in file manager and you can not write to the card.  I even took the phone to the Verizon store and they could not get it to work either. 

Does Verizon support monitor this thread or respond to questions?

0 Likes