LG G3 not receiving texts please help
LindsayHadel

Ever since the software update my son's LG G3 is sporaddically not receiving texts from iPhone users. His phone number has never been registered with an Apple ID so that is not the issue. His G3 will ring with the alert but when he opens messages the text is not there.

We have tried restarting the phone several times. This seems to help he will then receive the last missed text that was sent but then will continue to not receive new messages. This problem appears to be limited to iPhone users.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 not receiving texts please help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LindsayHadel,

We are so glad that you reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. Let’s make sure we get his text messages working like they should. I appreciate the detailed information & what you have tried so far. Do you know if the iPhone users are Verizon Wireless customers or is it from any iPhone with any carrier? What text app is he using? Is it the text app that came with the phone or the Verizon Messages app (red icon)? Did this start to happen right after the software update or a few days after?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LindsayHadel

Thank you for responding. All the iPhone users are either Verizon or Sprint customers. He is using the messaging app that came with the phone. The issue was discovered shortly after the update, maybe a day later. We tried the red me sagging app and had the same problem.

Lindsay Hadel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LindsayHadel,

Ok, gotcha. Let’s roll up our sleeves a bit more. Please turn the phone completely off & remove the SIM card. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1mSPoST. You only have to remove it for about 30 seconds & then put it back in. Please test out the texting & then let us know the results.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LindsayHadel

That worked for one afternoon. We are experiencing the same problem today

Lindsay Hadel

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LindsayHadel,

I appreciate your trying this step. This is definitely a message mystery! Has he ever set up an Apple ID on an iPad or another Apple product? Can I please have him delete the entire thread of message? The iPhone users, please have them delete the text thread as well.  Is he able to send texts to the iPhone users? On his phone, please go to Settings, Apps Manager, scroll the screen all the way to the left where you are under the column that says “all”. At that screen, scroll down to where it says Messages (or it may say text). Open that up & please press on Force Stop. Hit ok to that. Then hit on where it says clear data & hit ok. After these steps, turn the phone completely off & then back on. Test out the texting & keep us updated on the results.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes