LG G3 unable to make calls or enable data after Marshmallow upgrade
GCQ

After my LG G3 got upgraded to Marshmallow on Feb 19, 2016, it can't make anymore calls or get data connectivity.    When I try to make a call, immediately the phone ends the call with the message "Call ended".  There is no busy signal or any attempt by the phone to make a call that I can hear from the speaker.  As for the data, I can turn it on or off but I don't get any connectivity.  The Wifi is still working fine, though.

I contacted Verizon technical support but they were unable to troubleshoot the problem and they directed me to visit the store to get a new SIM card.  I got a new SIM card but the problem is still happening.  The store employee advised me to perform a Factory Reset but this didn't solve the problem.  With the phone and data malfunctioning, there is no way for me to get any OTA software ugrade.  I contacted LG technical support and they advised me to send the phone to them.  At this point, it seems this is my only option.

My question is has anyone experienced the same problem?  If this is a hardware problem then I would expect the wifi to be broken as well.  I am inclined to suspect that the software update is the cause of this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes