LG G3 updated and now I can't get on 4G LTE and Verizon's Extended Network. HELP!
rtallen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are military so where we live we have to use the extended network towers to access the 4G LTE. My phone did the LG G3 update on Friday, Feb 19th and Saturday afternoon I wasn't able to get on Facebook or internet or anything. I called in and she walked me through a million things to do and couldn't tell me why it was doing this. So I thought about how we are on Extended Network and maybe I would need to drive the 20 mins to where the Verizon Network kicks in so I did that on Weds this week and it came right on. I turned around, drove home, pulled in my driveway and it connected to my Wi-Fi and now booted the 4G LTE again.

This is getting ridiculous! I'm paying for a service that I have ZERO access to right now!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 updated and now I can't get on 4G LTE and Verizon's Extended Network. HELP!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtallen03, don't worry. We are on the right track. In that same menu under mobile networks, can you choose data roaming access and make sure that it set to allow access for all trips?
JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

Re: LG G3 updated and now I can't get on 4G LTE and Verizon's Extended Network. HELP!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtallen03,

We never want anyone to experience this & are glad that you reached out here for help. Let’s roll up our sleeves to get this taken care of. Can you please provide some information of what we have troubleshooted with you so far? I just don’t want to have you do the same troubleshooting steps that we have done with you. Did we already have you remove your SIM card for 30 seconds & then put it back in? If not, please turn your phone completely off & follow these steps http://vz.to/1in5Rg2.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rtallen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your response.

They did have me do the SIM card removal. I just did it again just to be sure.

The majority of what the lady had me do was go to the settings and had me keep changing the Mobile Networks settings. So we switched around the Data Roaming Access, went through each Network Mode (of which one of them would allow the 4G LTE light to come on but all the bars were grayed out and an 'x' was over top of them), and several other things in the network settings information.

0 Likes
rtallen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, my husband's phone (he has the same phone) just came up with the update and he let his do it so we could see if it was my phone or the network and sure enough his is doing the exact same thing. I really think it has to do with the extended network and this update. In which, if it isn't going to work any longer we will have to cancel service! I'm not paying for a service that we are not using!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtallen03,

I appreciate you providing  me with these extra details. We certainly would ever want for you to think about canceling service with us. Wow, software updates are supposed to enhance a phone, no cause issues! Let’s keep working at this. I’m confident we can get this back up & running. Are both phones network modes set to LTE/CDMA? To check, please go to Settings, More, Mobile Networks, System Select, Network Mode.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rtallen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, mine is set to Global and I do not have my husband's with me. However, when I change it to the LTE/CDMA there is no change in the 4G LTE access.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rtallen03, don't worry. We are on the right track. In that same menu under mobile networks, can you choose data roaming access and make sure that it set to allow access for all trips?
JosephT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

rtallen03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, that made it come back!

Does marking that in roaming going to charge me though for being under other towers?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! You will only be charged for roaming if you are doing so internationally.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes