LG G4 update breaks notifications!
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Myself and a lot of others are in a world of hurt right now.  I took the newest update that was release the other day and now I receive no notifications for emails or texts.  The Android forums I frequent are full of people complaining of the same issue.  This has to be fixed ASAP, we can not be expected to do business or deal with family issues if we can not be contacted.  As of right now I have notified my family to call me, but all of my customers can't reach me, or rather I don't know that they are trying. 

I performed a factory reset and it did no good.  Please fix this major issue!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 update breaks notifications!
Natec003

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I GUESS THIS IS A WAY TO GET PEOPLE TO BURN THROUGH THEIR DATA. I too have tried a factory reset, and have uninstalled and re-installed several apps with no change. This needs to be addressed quickly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Natec003, this is not the experience that we want for you. When did this start? Are there certain notifications not coming in or are you not getting any?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Natec003

It started immediately after the OTA on Friday. I don't get any google push

notifications that require data over WiFi. I also don't get push

notifications over WiFi for espn, instagram, twitter. I've tried to

uninstall and reinstall the apps without improvement. Wiped cache, and

factory reset the phone. The notifications come through immediately when

switching to LTE. There are several threads about a similar issue for the

G3 this spring. There is also a new Reddit post regarding this for the G4

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015, 5:44 PM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Natec003.We want to get those notfications back coming in. What Android software version are you running? Follow these steps to check: settings>about  phone> status.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Natec003

Android version 5.1

Software version VS98612A

OTA update on 10/9/15

Notifications over wifi stopped IMMEDIATELY after the update on several

different wifi connections.

I've already tried using the Verizon updater assistant on the computer to

"fix" my software

On Oct 12, 2015 6:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get no notifications even with WiFi off.

0 Likes
arosmith79

Having the same exact issue! Funny how it started immediately after the update last Friday. Any fix for it yet?

Phone Info:
LG G4

Android version 5.1

Software version VS98612A

OTA updated on 10/09/2015

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue!!!! What is Verizon doing about it?? Need a fix asap

0 Likes
Suns6thMan

I am having the exact same issue. No notifications at all when on Wifi. Three different Wifi networks, and it started as soon as I took the 12A OTA. If anyone had the G3 prior to the G4, you'll recall this is the exact same issue that happened when the G3 first received Lollipop. We had to wait for WEEKS until a fix was rolled out. I am not going through this again. It needs to be fixed, or I want a new phone. If this cannot happen within a reasonable amount of time, I will take my business elsewhere. No more excuses.

I was talking to someone through VZWSupport on twitter, and they stopped responding 2 days ago. I don't know if they thought I would just go away or what. I sent one response yesterday, and another this morning asking for an update, only to be ignored.

I have been with Verizon for 13 years, and it is pretty sad they would treat a long term customer this poorly.

0 Likes