Re: LG G4 update breaks notifications!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nate, we will do our best to get your device to receive notification. Let's try a few things. Please connect to the WIFI. Once connected, go to Sounds and Notification to see if the notification has been turned off. Settings>Sounds and Notification>Scroll down. Let us know what you find.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j_r_vassar

I too am having this issue on my phone and my wife's phone. Both occurred after the 12A upgrade last week.

It's not lack of audible notification, it seems to be complete lack of push notifications while connected to any wireless network. Most notable apps would be Google Hangouts, Gmail, and Youtube. No, these aren't issues with Google, these are just the most commonly used apps I use with Push notifications.

As soon as wireless is disconnected and service through the cellular data is on, push notifications start rushing in.

Current Software VS98612A

Android: 5.1

Build LMY47D

If an update to fix the issue won't be available soon, is there any way to downgrade back to 11A? There was no issues I had with that version. Or are there any options to switch to another premium phone if a fix isn't provided in a timely manner?

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Other sites have people reporting the same issue.  So far no one has been able to get a reasonable response from anyone.  I did not have the G3 but it appears to be the same issue many had in the past so someone should know how to fix it QUICKLY!  I use WhatsApp for 75% of all my texts and have received no notifications while on WI-FI.  Once I go into the app the text appears and as long as both people (my wife has a G4 also) keep the app open the text come through just fine but as soon as we close out we get nothing.  Fix this asap!!!

link to the other msg board talking about this issue...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/update-verizon-lg-g4-t3221552

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

sorry...forgot to add...

not only are the notifications missing but texts are coming through 15-20 min after they are sent

0 Likes
j0e325

I am also having this issue.  As soon as I turn off WiFi all my notifications are pushed through.  Need a fix asap or I need unlimited data.

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone have updates info on this issue?  i'm still having the same notification and sync issues and my frustration is growing!!!

0 Likes
j0e325

I am still having this issue.  VERY frustrating.  I have been checking for updates on a daily basis.  Verizon, what's the deal here?????

0 Likes
j0e325

This is still an issue.  Please advise on a fix ASAP.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

j0e325 Let's get you felling happy again. I have a few questions to start resolving this issue for you. May I have the phone make/model? Is this indoors/outdoors or both?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chemswede
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will also confirm this is broken.  My wife has had the G3 and this was broken for months until Verizon provided an update to it.  Now after VS98612A the G4 has the same issue the G3 had and will require Verizon to fix it again.

It appears to be related to an issue with IPV6. 

View this thread on Redit if you want a somewhat dangerous workaround.  Using this DNSet app listed will create a VPN connection to something and does not use IPV6 so your phone will get all data through IPV4.  I'm not a fan of making a VPN connection to an unknown server so I do not want to use this workaround.

We very much need Verizon to fix it like it was before VS98612A.  I'd encourage the Verizon Wireless Customer Support to look into this ASAP.

0 Likes