Re: LG G4 update breaks notifications!
Tbrehm
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're pathetic vzw_customer_support.  Simply put.   Not just VZW but both VZW and LG G4 are pathetic for pushing an update out that broke notifications.  Then to not offer a roll back option or anything is just terrible.  You obviously know how important a cell phone is to your customers now days when generally it cost $80+ a month for 1 person on Verizon wireless and we still pay it.  But then you go ahead and ruin the functionality of our phones which I pay $23/mo. for.  How can this be right, it is terrible practice in my opinion and your are ruining your customer experience.  It takes your "vzw_customer_support" representitive weeks to reply and all they respond to is ONE person of the 10+ people complaining of issues, and your response was so generic and unhelpful.  PATHETIC.  I feel bad for all of those who continue to use Verizon Wireless if they keep this crap up.

Verizon Wireless Customer Support  LG G4

0 Likes
j0e325

Just a heads up, I just now received an update on my LG G4.  Hopefully this will resolve the issue.  I will keep you posted.

Screenshot_2015-11-24-10-15-09.png

0 Likes
j0e325

As a follow up to my last post.  The update has been installed and has fixed the notification issue.  I have tested it with both ESPN and Gmail.  The new software version is VS98613B.

0 Likes
710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the update Joe!  I haven't rec it yet but i'm cautiously optimistic it will come through soon and life will be all good again...ha.  Personally, I love this phone.  I've had other "brands" in the past and based on so many positive reviews I decided to go with LG this time around.  Of course no phone is perfect but prior to the recent screw-up, this was the best phone i've ever owned.  I can't wait to get it back to full capacity!

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had my hopes up and was let down again.   I still don't get any notifications from any apps after the update.   I'll try a factory reset later today.

0 Likes
j0e325

It took a few minutes for the phone a realize it had sobered up, but then everything started coming through like normal.  Good luck to you Sir!

0 Likes
chemswede
Enthusiast - Level 2

Never been so happy to be wrong.  I just posted this morning that I doubted we would get any updates since LG was clearly working on Android 6.0, and now I get the 61MB update Version 12B and my WiFi notification are working again.

Glad it is finally fixed, but still annoying that just 2 days ago the Verizon rep above had no idea there was even an issue with our phones.  Clearly the VZW people on this forum are not talking to the VZW people who clearly did know there was an issue and also a fix on the way.

DonnaMc810

Just got my udate and all notifocations are coming thru. Its about time !!

0 Likes
phlowby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did have to do a factory reset to get this patch to work.

Now why the heck couldn't Verizon just tell us this fix was in the works instead of leaving everyone upset and in the dark?

710crew
Enthusiast - Level 2

All seems to working!!  F'in FINALLY!  It is sad that the VZ reps are kept completely out of the loop with stuff like this.  We get so mad at them at times when...at least...in this case they (clearly) were given no info about the issue and how to respond to the customers.  Day after day we get no updates then boom...a fix comes out of nowhere.  Their job is tough enough and it's even harder with little support from the big-shots signing their pay checks.

0 Likes