LG G6 colored lines fade in and out/screen is dim on 80%
CMOLTON

When there are black areas on my screen that run the full length of the screen lines appear that completely change the black to a green/blue color.  Also the screen looks like it has a film on it.  Even at 80% the screen is dim.  There is a portion at the top and bottom that is normal brightness and does not have the colored lines.

I've done a soft reset and removed/inserted the sd card.  I have no water damage and I haven't dropped the phone.  No damage to the screen or housing.

I've attached a picture of the screen taken by another phone.  Taking a screen shot of my phone with my screen shot feature doesn't show in the image saved.

lg g6 color lines on screen.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 colored lines fade in and out/screen is dim on 80%
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a reason why the Google website is shown in such a narrow strip? Can you also provide a picture of your standard home screen without any personal information using a standard wallpaper image available in the phone? I'm thinking you have a hardware problem, but the second screen image will help with additional clues to confirm or disprove it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow CMOLTON! That certainly does look crazy! Ann154 has asked some good questions. When did this start happening? We'll figure this out together. Please share some additional information.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CMOLTON

Hello - sorry for the delayed reply, its been a busy week!

The Google page is in a strip because I took and extended screen shot and it saves in a strip like that.  I had a co worker take more screen shots of various screens.

Another thing I noticed-when I have the screen in the always on display to show the time when the screen is off, the lines will appear.  The longer the lines are there - the longer they take to go away when a bright screen comes on.  The other day I woke up and it took over an hour for them to go away with the screen on a full display.  I was getting worried they were there for good! I removed the always on time screen and the lines aren't as bad when I turn my phone on but they are there.  They do fade quickly if the phone hasn't been off very long.  The screen is always dimmer than normal though no matter how long it is on.lg g6 lines on open screen.jpglg g6 color lines on main screen.jpglg g6 color lines on game screen.jpglg g6 color lines on photo screen.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a hardware problem.  You should call the manufacturer directly to explore your repair options.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes