LG G6 pop up ads
EYESEA222

My Lg G6 has pop up ads when I wake my home up. There on the home screen. Sometimes Groupon ads. sometimes Starbucks, and others. How do I stop them?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 pop up ads
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you have installed an app that is pushing ads to your home screen or lock screen. You should review your installed applications and see if you can figure out which one it is.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

It's not the phone it's some shady app you installed. didn't happen to be a flashlight app was it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EYESEA222

We don't want this issue to continue to interrupt your rest. Have you tried disabling the notification alerts for the applications on your phone by tapping Settings>Notifications>Apps>Menu>Reset App Preferences>Reset? 

For more device support, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-tool/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mr247

I have pretty much the same issue as the original poster. And your solution does not work for me I'm sorry to say. I had an HTC that won't stay on without being plugged in so they sent me a refurbished LG G6 and it came with so many pop-up ads that it's infuriating. And I haven't installed any new apps. In fact I went and deleted a ton of apps i don't need and i can't stop these full screen pop up ads.  And the weird thing is they are for apps i have like google and waze etc.   An interesting side note, i used the NFC to transfer my stuff from my htc to this lg and now my htc is infected with these popups.   Super frustrating!!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

funny my son has had his G6 since November and has not reported these issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mr247, we know how frustrating it can be to have adds disturbing you while you are using your phone. Let's go ahead and get this worked on. Have you tried turning off restore applications and doing a factory data reset of the phone to see if that stops the ads from popping up. If not, can you try that and let us know what happens?

0 Likes
mt1966

Install Anti Adware from the Play store by keerby. scan your phone and it will show the bad apps on your phone.

0 Likes
Lauren954
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue begin today, and none of the dozens of trouble-shooting tips worked. Until this one....

Find out which app has most recently been "used"

1. Go to Google play store

2. Tap Menu (the three lines on the top left corner)

3. Tap My apps & games (on some devices, you will need to choose apps & games first)

4. Tap Installed to see a list of installed apps

5. The Installed apps will show in alphabetical order by default. Tap the lines next to 'Alphabetical' to change the sort order to 'Last Used.'

I saw that a random alarm clock app that I hadn't used in months had just been used. I go to the play store to check out recent reviews, sure enough 2 other people reported that yesterday's update now caused full-page ads to show up constantly. I uninstalled it and have been ad-free since! I also reported it in the play store. (Go to the install page for that app and select "flag as inappropriate> Other". It'll give you the chance to explain why.)

MoufRoof

I followed your advice. I've been getting ads almost every time I open my phone. Very annoying!  It showed I had used my flashlight app recently (I haven't).  Once I uninstalled it, it asked if I wanted to reinstall it. "Contains ads" was right below tihe install button.  Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes