LG G7 Lag
Crowes77

Hello. I am on day two with a new LG G7. I've noticed it seemed leggy compared to the Moto Play Droid I had been using. Its nothing to crazy but I am wondering if this is normal out of the box.

When I am swiping through my shortcut screens, the home screen will do a quick jump to center itself. When I activate the camera or pull up a photo it takes a second to come into view as it does a quick jump.  As I am scrolling on web pages there seems to be a stutter. The overall flow seems to be a bit off.

Does this sound normal or am I looking into it too much? I haven't noticed this before with any brand new phone over the years. I am wondering if something is wrong.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G7 Lag
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crowes77, your device experience is very important to us, so we are here to work toward a resolution on the lagging. We would like to gather more details to determine if the device is defective. Please ensure the phone has been turned off and on for a quick reset since this started. Did this problem start on day one with the phone? Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crowes77

Thank you for the reply.

I have rebooted the phone a few times to see if that changed anything, there has been no difference. I did notice it right away. I bought the phone Monday night so it's been exactly two days with it.

I do not have a screen protector. Just a Otterbox case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crowes77, I don't want to assume there's anything wrong beyond the normal functioning of the phone. I would however like to make sure all is well. I know your G7 is new, but please tell me if there are any updates needed. Please tell me, does the lag happen all the time?

Vanetris_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Crowes77

I checked for updates, there are none. The home screen lag is pretty consistent while the rest seems intermittent.

I also got a quality data log server error pop up that froze the phone and I had to reboot it.

Overall it's a nice phone but I'm thinking my best bet is to exchange it for another one. I haven't seen that data log error before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you confirming that for us, Crowes77. An exchange is definitely an option within the first 14 days, but our goal is to ensure that the phone is working as it should. Prior to you noticing the lagging, did you install any applications on the phone or was the lagging present during the setup process? Does the same thing occur when the phone is in Safe Mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218152/ ?

Shawnte_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Crowes77, we definitely want you to be happy with your purchase, and that your G7 works at its best for you. If there is an issue with your current G7, you may always perform a worry free guarantee with your device. I recommend checking out your local store's G7 display unit to  see if you encounter the same issues with the screen animations as you scroll  or go from app to app. 

One thing that can help eliminate some of this stutter is to customize the animation length between scrolling and jumping from app to app. 

1. From a Home screen, navigate: Settings Settings icon > System System Settings icon > Developer options Developer options icon.
    Note If Developer options aren't available, navigate: Settings > System > About phone > Software info then tap Build number 7 times.

I personally have my Window Animation, Animator Duration, and Transition Animation scales set to .5x. Try this, or animation off to see what you may be more comfortable with, and if it improves your UI experience. 

Nicandro_VZW

0 Likes