Re: LG K20 V
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, JOSSTO29. I would expect a factory reset to help with the WiFi connection. When performing a factory reset, this is taking your device back to factory settings. However, it will not take your device back to a previous software version. You mentioned a similar issue with connecting to your home WiFi. I want to be sure we are on the same page. Are you also seeing an error when entering your WiFi password? If so, did this error state "Wi-Fi Password Not Accepted"? There was a known issue when using WEP security after a recent update and this was corrected with update SU6 version VS50115A. Please navigate to Settings>About Phone>Software Info>Software Version. Do you have the most recent update yet? If not, this was released just a few days ago and will be coming to you. In the meantime, please update your security settings from WEP to WPA/WPA2 for your home WiFi.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All,

This issue is currently under investigation with our device team and LG. Please use one of the newer security protocols for now if possible. Please also check your phone weekly for available updates that may be released to address this issue.

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyNoCash363
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's interesting that the factory data reset doesn't remove the update.  I feel kinda silly because that's the kind of thing I should have known. 

0 Likes
JOSSTO29

Phone is updated to the current version VS50115A, problem began with this update. Will talk to landlord about changing security but I suspect that with this old router it may be all that it can handle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSSTO29,

Excellent, please keep us posted with your results. 

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
YEVON24

Hello, seems I have a problem that popped up 6 months ago. 3rd week in November, cell phone won't maintain a Wi-Fi connection to my home router. I would connect, within seconds, the connection was disabled. I have reset the router, reset the cell phone, and even called my internet provider.  After confirming the router was functioning correctly and can get internet on my desktop as well as Hulu Plus on my Blue Ray DVD player. He tried to connect the cell, but was stomped as to what was happening. His research revealed a problem in which I need to contact my cell phone provider. I am a senior, with no twitter account. Please HELP!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, Yevon24! Please provide the make and model of your device.

DillonY_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes