LG K20V - Should I use the Cloud
hwiegand
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just bought the LG K20V which replaces my Samsung Brightside which I've had for 5 years. I tried Backup Assistant, but it isn't working anymore, because Samsung isn't updating older phones. So I decided on this model. Brightside is a basic phone which is really all I need, but the basic phones available were very boring and plain. I want to use this  phone as a basic phone. My plan is More Every Unlimited Talk & Text 500 mgs. I don't use much data, but I don't need it. I am 75, retired, and don't need a computer on my phone since I'm always home. I need to know if I really need the Cloud for backing up since I don't have much data. I just want to backup my contacts. I noticed this phone has a backup feature on it. Should I use this instead of the Cloud? What features and apps should I avoid when it comes to Data use? Because the Backup Assistant didn't work anymore on the Brightside I had to manually enter all my contacts. I couldn't transfer them.

This phone is really nice. It's much bigger than the Brightside. So far I am very happy with this it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG K20V - Should I use the Cloud
hwiegand
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just went into the Cloud and it works and I didn't have to do anything. When I go into the Cloud, I get a message "Switching to wi-fi" and then it goes into the app.

0 Likes