LG K8 V- 3 issues
NKP1988

I realize this appears to be a pretty new model so there may not be many answers at the moment, but hoping someone can help me as Verizon never has a chat person available and I don't have time during the work day to sit on hold.

Just purchased this phone last week-

- Phone keeps asking me download an update that takes approximately 15-20 minutes, then reboots. Asks again upon finishing. I downloaded the update three times, now I just keep setting a time to do it again to avoid the pop-up. How do I stop it altogether? Should I do a factory reset?

- I live in an area that is well within the 4G "red zone" that I assume means great coverage, yet when I am home I am lucky to have one bar and my phone drops calls.

- Email authentication. Phone repeatedly asks for it even though I'm able to see my emails anyway. Again, should I just factory reset?

Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to offer advice and/or help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG K8 V- 3 issues
boringusername
Master - Level 1

coverage maps are just an estimation. Things like building and trees can affect coverage and a map can't possibly know about that kind of stuff. Also that does not include indoor coverage because that can be affected by a ton of factors.

when you update is the phone plugged in? if not and there isn't enough battery it might not work right. make sure the phone is fully charged and plug in before updating. Also a phone often reboots more than once. It's not necessarily done when you think it is and you don't want to brick your phone.

also as far as I know that phone is at least a coupe of years old so hardly new. Also very low end.

0 Likes
NKP1988

Thank you for your response! I did see there were other, similar LG phones but thought this one was newer. When I have updated it, it is plugged in but had plenty of battery otherwise. I will continue to update it and see if it continues with the same one or stops at some point.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Also could be SIM problem or it's just defective. If it's still gives you issues and still under warranty I'd just send it back and have them send you a replacement.

0 Likes