Re: LG Lucid Battery Issues???
t_mccoy

The Lucid is my first smartphone.  I understand smartphones use more battery power.  I had an Alias 2 before and the battery on it rarely lasted a day.  I seldom used data.  I only used it for calls and text.  I had read all of these posts while I was waiting for my Lucid to arrive by mail and was getting concerned.  I have had it for about 6 weeks now.  My battery lasts every bit as long as my old phone did.  I spend more time on it than I did before and have it connected to wi-fi whenever I am at home.  ALL of my phones have had a battery issue.  I am sure the biggest problem is a weak signal.  Where I work you have to stand on one foot, cross your eyes and stick out your tongue to get a signal.  I also use to always carry my phones in my pocket while at work, I don't do that with the Lucid because I don't want to scratch the screen.  It really can't find a signal in my pocket.  Also my question to others would be do you read the permissions of the apps you install?  Some apps state they will prevent the phone from going into a sleep state.  Couldn't that be some of the battery troubles too?  My office mate has an iPhone with a different carrier and she has to plug hers in after about 4 hours.

I am happy with my phone and its battery life.  It last longer than my laptop does on battery life.  I don't blame the Lucid, I blame my signal and it is better with Verizon than it was with the competition.

0 Likes
daclinton23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received my second lg lucid from Verizon. They are giving us the run around about the phone and the overheating. This phone had gotten so hot that I can hardly pick it up. When I called Verizon nobody seems to know about the issues these phones are having.

+9

CHZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm yet another disgusted LG Lucid owner.  The battery life is so poor I have to keep it plugged in whenever I am not using it. Verizon clearly couldn't care less. If anyone has any ideas, please share them!

0 Likes
Not applicable

CHZ wrote:

I'm yet another disgusted LG Lucid owner.  The battery life is so poor I have to keep it plugged in whenever I am not using it. Verizon clearly couldn't care less. If anyone has any ideas, please share them!

It's you not the phone. I have a lucid sometime I get 3 days on a charge. right now I have 32% left and I'm 2 days 4 hours on my current charge.

0 Likes