LG Lucid black screen when making a call
Pennie71

I recently upgraded to an LG Lucid phone. But I have a problem of when I make a call the screen goes black and I cant seem to get it back. This is especially frustrating when no one answers the call. Anybody got any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid black screen when making a call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pennie, I can see why it would be frustrating to suddenly be in the dark! The device has a proximity sensor near the earpiece that should automatically recognize when you take your face away from the screen. If you have a case covering part of the earpiece that could interfere. Also, dirt or debris around the earpiece could cause this. Try wiping off the screen and if you have a can of compressed air, spray away any dirt in the earpiece. Test by making a call and place your finger over the earpiece and take it off to see if the screen lights up.

If still having issues and normal troubleshooting like pulling the battery doesn't resolve, let me know.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
linmorton

I am also having the same problem with my LG Lucid - I am ready to return the darn thing!!  I can't even check my voicemail because the screen goes black and I can't enter my password!

I have removed the screen protector completely to see if that helped - it didn't. I see people have been complaining about this particular problem for years - why haven't they improved on this yet??

I purchased this only 12 days ago, so I am thinking I should return it before my 14 days are up.. Help!

0 Likes
mlow

I've been having the exact same problem.  Checking voicemail can be a hit or miss operation depending on whether the screen decides to black out or not.  Just got the phone about a month ago.  Is it worth going back to Verizon and telling them about the problem.

0 Likes
linmorton

Well, I ended up taking it back because I was still within my first 14 days - got a Samsung stratosphere - love it!! That Lucid definitely had a problem..see if you can still change it

0 Likes
KPJB

I'm on my 3rd LG Lucid trying to fix this problem, NO LUCK! This last phone came direct from the factory and is worse than the second one I got from the Verizon store. VERY VERY frustrating! I contacted Lucid and got a useless reply telling me no update will be made until warrented and to check for software updates. I did and of course I have the most current.

0 Likes
linmorton

And this is why I am so happy I returned mine within the first 2 weeks - so sorry for your trouble - very frustrating!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Have you tried giving the phone a little shake (like cracking a whip). I think they are programmed to shut off the display to save battery life. If I need to use my keypad, I give my Spectrum a little shake, the accelerometers wake up the display.

Try it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW: I have seen other people posting in other places that there is a setting in Menu, Settings, Call Settings that will allow the display to stay up. Possibly Show dialpad? On my phone there is a setting for Voice mail / Toll-Free, All calls, and Customized number. That might help, but there may be another setting on your phone. Good luck.

0 Likes
linmorton

Thanks, but this is definitely a problem with that phone model - no way to keep the screen on even to "press 1 for english"..good riddens Lucid!

0 Likes