LG Lucid - remove google search apps from home screen which is below the notification
rao

Updated Lucid VS 480 (vs840zv7) -google search is defaulted
- can we remove google seach  icon which is below the notification area so that google seach will not be activated  when accessing notification area.

Any help is great. Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid - remove google search apps from home screen which is below the notification
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

press on the icon/widget and slide to the trash can if you want to delete it; if you want to move it, press and slide it to wherever you want it moved to

0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid - remove google search apps from home screen which is below the notification
rao

Lucid after software update.jpg

As requeste tried it but did not work (also trash can icon will not appear) as it is defaulted below the notification area after the software update.

inserted  the image:- LG Lucid - image after software update for review.

Please Update. Thank You

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a Bionic, not a Lucid, and when the Bionic updated to ICS, the Google Search widget defaulted to the same location yours did, if I remember correctly.  However, it's a widget, so I could move it wherever I wanted to ... I assumed the same would be true for your phone, but that may not be the case.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If they coded it like the stock Android UI for ICS and higher, then the Google search bar isn't removable. This is my Nexus.

Screenshot_2012-11-27-12-52-25.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah!  Some on some phones it's still a widget, and for others it's not.  Good to know.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Technically, it's still a widget but, because of the lack of an on screen search button, Google decided to go with the search bar instead. Nifty idea, just type right into it but personally I rarely search from my homescreen anyway, so I would want to get rid of it too.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm the same way; most definitely did not like it at the top of the main home screen ... I quickly moved that baby over a screen.

ftz64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got the turbo the google search bar is unremovable on this phone too. Not liking !!

0 Likes