Re: LG Spectrum 2 Randomly Shutting Off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi vitp,

Let's get to the bottom of this! When did shutting down issue begin? Any new applications? Does the shut down occur while using a certain device function? Has the phone been exposed to any physical or water damage? I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dabestjess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay so my original post I stated that I now have a replacement for my original LG Spectrum 2 that was turning off randomly and the replacement is much worse! It turns off a good 10-15 times through out the day and night. When I recieved the replacement, I did not install anything on the phone and even made a completely new google account that has never been used for anything and the phone still shuts off. When I still had my original phone, I placed it in safe mode and it still shut off and I did a hard reset and still the phone shut off. When I recieved the replacement which is what I have now, I still have not downloaded any apps and have place the phone in safe mode and the phone still turns off and have done the hard reset and it still turns off. This is getting VERY VERY aggravating because now it's worse then it was before and I am missing IMPORTANT calls and emails for work. Who knows how long it's off at times since it gives you no warning, doesn't make a noise or light up when it's going off. It's just off.Also to get the phone to power back on, I have to remove the battery and put it back in. NO I have not had any physical or water damage to the device or the battery and CLEARLY I am not the only one having this exact issue.

0 Likes
vitp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issues began about 1 month ago. Phone randomly went into the safe mode,

after that it was working fine for about 3 weeks. Last week it turned off a

several times, and 2 times it didn't turn on until the battery was taken

out and put back in.

Turning off occurs randomly when the phone is not in use, during the call

or gps navigation.

All software on this phone was installed in July without any new setups

after that.

It was put in a protective case on day 1 and never had any physical or

water damage.

From what I've read in this topic it seems that I should get another phone,

as refurbished replacement can be much worse.

Hope you can resolve it

On Sep 23, 2013 12:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

D-Max2012

It’s not just your phone.. There’s something that being pushed out that’s causing this to happen. Last year there was a span of time that my Droid Incredible (DINC) started a constant re-boot cycle at 2AM. Of course that ruined sleep for about 1 full week. Finally it subsided. Taking the phone to the local Verizon store, their rep stated that he had not heard of any such activity. Meanwhile on-line, hundreds of people were complaining about the very same problem. Yesterday Sept 23rd, a friend told me later in the day he had called twice. I looked at my phone and it was off. Tried to turn it on and it would not power up. I had to pull the battery. After it booted, and about 5 minutes, it went black again.. Not locking, but completely shut off. I reset the battery again, and checked power level. All was fine for about another 7 minutes. It did it again. Last night while on charge, it went quite again without warning. This morning i had my downstairs neighbor rigging my bell because of an emergency and they could not reach my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is very much appreciated on this issue dabestjess. Rest assured that we are committed to achieving a permanent resolution. May I ask are you using the original battery and the original charger? If not then I would suggest doing so, especially the charger. Also, what action is performed last just before the device turns off? Does the device turns on by itself? Based on this information that you provided, we may have to fill out a product issue report to the manufacturer. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
dabestjess
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the original battery and the original charger. Someone told me a long time ago that using a different charging could mess up your phone so I've never done it. It's random. I have tried to pay attention to what I was doing on the phone before I noticed that it has shut off and I can't figure it out. It goes off all by itself with NO warning ie...lighting up, vibrating or beeping. Which is very frustrating because sometimes I'm waiting on a very important call and wondering why my phone hasn't rang, so I check my phone and it's off! I can't rely on it for my morning alarm either. Sometimes it's on in the morning when I wake up but sometimes it's not. It does it all night and all day. No certain time just whenever it feels like it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should have a phone that works at all times dabestjess. Missed calls and emails are not acceptable. Let's get this issue fixed! Which software version do you have on your Spectrum 2? You can check by going to Settings> About Phone> Software Information. From About Phone, you can also check to see if any updates are available for the phone by going to Software Update. If available, please update> follow promts to complete. You should have version VS93021B 

Is this what you have?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
dabestjess
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes that is the version I have. Everytime I hear from Verizon Customer Support, it's someone different and I just keep getting asked the same questions over and over again and getting no where! My phone is still turning off randomly and I'm missing VERY important calls for work. I'm on call for a doctor's office so when my phone is not on and receiving calls it's not good at all. Which this is majorly effecting my work because I'm missing calls so I'm losing money, but I'm still paying for full service on my phone when my phone is probably off more then it is on!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details vitp. The LG Spectrum 2 is one of the most advanced and reliable devices we offer! Safe mode and a factory reset are valuable troubleshooting steps. Our control beyond those steps is limited. Do you manually power cycle the device daily? Have you tried a full charge with it powered off? If this is happening in a particular app, you can clear the app cache prior to enabling safe mode or completing a hard reset. http://tiny.cc/h9hz3w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how that would be frustrating and we want to get to the bottom of this issue. I followed you. Please send me a direct message & let me know your IMEI found in Settings, About phone, Phone Identity. Also verify that you have software version VS93021B as well.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes