LG Spectrum Issues
MMShell
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had my LG Spectrum a year and at its year mark coincidentally annual upgrade time the phone went beyond downhill.  It shuts off, won't restart at times, heats up very hot, the battery (2nd new one) only lasts 2 hours, the home screen quits, the keyboard becomes unavailable, I can not dial out and the list keeps going.   This is ridiculous.  I swear they are set to self destruct near renewal times.  I should have gotten the iPhone but the sales guy talked me out of it.  Only to find out after a family member began in the cell phone industry that reps discourage apple bc they don't get any incentives for selling the iPhones. Anyone else completely frustrated with their LG?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Spectrum. Surely its not because you're eligible to upgrade. Your phone should be working properly at all times. Is the phone freezing and not restarting when it gets too hot? When did this start happening? Are you using default messaging app & keyboard, or are they downloaded 3rd party apps? If 3rd party, please try deleting and default apps. Also, please try clearing memory: http://bit.ly/TvZ2Zf to make sure phone doesn't have so many cookies, & un-necessary things stored. Let's see if this helps at all. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum Issues
VerizonPhonesSelfDest
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same thing happen to my Samsung Alias that I bought new from a non-verizon store less than a year ago.  It started heating up, rapidly discharging batteries, and then some of the buttons stopped working.  Its nearly useless and now I have to look for a new phone and plan.  I have another Alias that is off the cell network (I use it only for games and videos) and it still works after 6 years.  So either 1) shenanigans 2) phones on Verizon network is an unreliable combination.  Either way, I now have to serious consider other carriers.

0 Likes