LG V10 Boot loop issue?
Dskt313

Has anyone else had any problems with their V10 getting stuck on the "LG life is good" splash screen? My phone randomly froze last night, so I pulled the battery to do a restart. It would only get to the LG screen and no further. After 45 mins of that, I just gave up. A lot of forums are saying that it's a increasingly common issue with this phone. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, and if so were any solutions found.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V10 Boot loop issue?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To all that are having this issue, this is something that can happen with the LG V10. You will need to get it replaced. There is no way to fix it. You should visit a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store. If you are under warranty, have Total Mobile Protection, Total Equipment Protection or Extended Warranty on your line you should get a no charge replacement if your device is free of physical or liquid damage.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dskt313, I couldn't imagine having my phone freeze up for so long. Is this still the case? What were you doing when this started? Had your phone been giving you any issues before this?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAVFAL92

I am having the same problem with my LG V10.  I was texting and looking at movies on flixster.  The phone frooze for a short time then rebooted.  Now it wont go past the LG splash screen.

0 Likes
ALEREI18

I am having the same problem with mine. I was using Facebook Messenger when it froze. I pulled the battery and when I re-started it I was stuck on the LG Life's Good screen. I have tried to do a system reset and a factory reset. After I just finished setting up after the factory reset and was restoring cloud it restarted itself and got stuck on the LG screen again.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To all that are having this issue, this is something that can happen with the LG V10. You will need to get it replaced. There is no way to fix it. You should visit a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store. If you are under warranty, have Total Mobile Protection, Total Equipment Protection or Extended Warranty on your line you should get a no charge replacement if your device is free of physical or liquid damage.

KATLEW70

Yup, this is an LG issue and a very disappointing one.  I bought my LG V10 Jan. 6, 2016 and it did the dreaded Boot Loop on Jan. 24, 2017-  I googled the problem and found lots of sites with links to people with LG G4 and LG V10 phones experiencing this fatal error, which requires the phones being returned to LG for a fix.  LG finally admitted that it was their problem, a situation with the phone construction, and is taking responsibility for repairing the affected phones.   http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-admits-g4-bootloop-problem-hardware-fault-669603/

I printed the prepaid shipping label from LG repair website and sent my beloved V10 off FedEx.   LG never sent a confirmation email, which had been promised, and when I emailed to complain about the whole mess on LG website, I never received yet another promised email within 24 hours.  VERY DISAPPOINTED in LG!     According to the LG Repair site, my phone has been received and is being repaired and will be delivered in 6 business days. (Over a week without a phone).   LG Request a Repair | LG U.S.A

I had been considering upgrading sometime to the LGV20, but am now so disillusioned with LG that I may switch to another brand. 

The phones seem to experience this boot loop episode about a year after purchase. Just enough after warranty to be too late, but LG promises to fix the phones no matter when purchased.  This is probably because change.org had a petition with grievance against LG with 12,000+ signatures.....

https://www.change.org/p/lg-mobile-launch-a-replacement-program-for-defective-lg-g4s

I am hoping that when my phone finally is repaired and returned, it will be reliable and never die with the dreaded boot loop again, though I will have a hard time trusting it. 

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Am I the only person that keeps a spare device on hand?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just one spare? Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
_r3a_Mar10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue around Jan 15. I had to get it replaced. Does the V20, have the same issue?

0 Likes
_r3a_Mar10
Enthusiast - Level 1

No.. I still have my LG-G3 and LG-G2..LOL

0 Likes