Re: LG V10 Boot loop issue?
simoontha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, Verizon insurance will not cover this issue. Because it's the

manufacturer's fault and not my own, they refuse to cover it.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:21 PM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Gman111

They've done it before, so why not now?  They had the same issue, (don't know if the root cause was the same but the boot loop problem is identical), owned up to it, and fixed the faulty G4 phones regardless of warranty status.  You're right though, they don't have a legal obligation but they do have ethical one.  If they continue to produce overpriced [Removed] phones that break down after less than 13 months due to a faulty design, they will lose customers.  That's where we, as customers who purchased a [Removed] LG phone,  express our dissatisfaction with the shoddy workmanship of LG products and let others know so that they can make an informed decision as to whether or not they want to purchase an LG phone that may [Removed] out just after the warranty.  You're defending them, and placing blame for a faulty phone on me because I didn't pay Verizon for an extended warranty, (which, according to other users doesn't cover it anyway), isn't helping anyone but

LG and Verizon.  Which, by the way, you didn't answer my question of whether or not you worked for one of them.  What are you trying to accomplish by berating me for not paying extra for an extended warranty to

have use of a $700 phone for more than 12 months?

If they keep making trash, they will lose business.  Customers that have been screwed need to speak up to let others know that they are making trash, (and refuse to do the right thing), otherwise how will they know?  And you telling me that I should buy a warranty helps no one.  If you don't actually have  anything constructive to add to the conversation then don't comment, no one wants to hear it.  We're looking for assistance and not a scolding for not paying extra for something we shouldn't need. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's not the insurance, it's the extended warranty that would cover it.  Two different products, though you can get them packaged together.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

simoontha wrote:

Actually, Verizon insurance will not cover this issue. Because it's the

manufacturer's fault and not my own, they refuse to cover it.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:21 PM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Insurance won't cover it.

Please note that there are multiple levels of protection:

1. Total Mobile Protection (AKA Insurance)-  This provides replacement for damage or theft with a deductible and no charge replacement for defect after the warranty period as long as there is no physical or liquid damage. Plus a few other "benefits".

2. Wireless Phone Protection- This provides replacement for damage or theft with a deductible ONLY. The insurance company will not let you pay the deductible for a defect. The phone must be damaged or lost/stolen.

3. Extended Warranty- This provides a no charge replacement for defect after the warranty period as long as there is no physical or liquid damage. This does NOT cover replacement if the phone is damaged in any way.

0 Likes
simoontha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless, I think it's reasonable to expect a $700 phone to last longer

than 13 months.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:59 PM, demmo86rt <forums@verizonwireless.com>

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

While I do agree with that, the manufacturer's warranty is only one year from time of purchase beyond that, they have no obligation to fix it replace it unless you purchased the extended warranty.  You can argue shoulds all you want, but that's not going to change reality.

0 Likes
simoontha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wouldn't the boot loop be considered a defect? Why isn't that covered under

option 1??

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:51 PM, demmo86rt <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Any malfunction of any device with normal usage could be considered a defect. If the device doesn't malfunction during the original stated warranty period, it won't be covered unless you have purchased an extended warranty.

0 Likes
REDNEVERDIES

[Removed]

I am in the same situation as everyone else that wasted their money on this phone and have been a loyal customer of Verizon for over 13 years, never wavering, their service has always been the best.  Now that basically every other service provider has good coverage and roughly the same cost, customer service is what will keep customers loyal.

I have never received such terrible service from this company, and no sprmankalel, not because they wont give me a free phone replacement, but because I have had conversations with a store employee, a live chat employee, and a Verizon customer service representative, each one offering to allow me to upgrade to a new phone (since i paid off my current V10 in full so my monthly bill wasn't $30 more a month).  How nice of them, "oh, your phone doesn't work, let me show you this new $1000 phone you can purchase today."

But maybe your right Sprmankalel, maybe it is the consumers fault, for thinking that a manufacturer who had this exact same issue with their other products (and found the cause and fix for it) wouldn't put out another faulty product with the exact same issue.  And maybe it is also our fault for thinking that a retailer of the product wouldn't want to push a product that has such a fault (and yes, pushed, since i walked into Verizon planning on walking out with an HTC, but the salesman talked me into the V10).  I guess the only people not at fault here are LG and Verizon.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Cauldwell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having this issue. Got my V10 1 year and 2 weeks ago, just long enough to be out of warranty. Went to my local verizon and the customer service was awful. Pretty much told me that sucks all we can do is let you pay it off and buy a new phone. This wasn't my fault and now I'm stuck with the burden. Im beyond upset.

0 Likes