LG V10 gets stuck on a bootloop
nohemiaven

Yesterday my phone turned off, and it didn't come back on. After pressing the rear button to turn the phone on it went through LG logo the it turned off again, then turned back on to the LG logo and then it turned off. Two times have I been able to get it to the password screen but right after I have contact with the GUI the phone shuts down. I have tried doing a factory reset, a soft reset, a safe mode power up and a proper shut down by pressing the power button and the 'low' volume button. Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a fix for it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V10 gets stuck on a bootloop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to have a phone that is powering off an on randomly nohemiaven. Is there any damage to the device? When did the issue start?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is not powering off randomly. It is a KNOWN ISSUE which could be fixed with a software update but LG and VZW have yet to release the update which was made by Google 10 months ago!

0 Likes
nohemiaven

The issue is that the phone won't get passed the LG logo... There is no way to even install an update, unless I can download it to the computer and some how I can get into the terminal of the phone and unzip whatever update they want to put in  it... thanks for your reply it is much appreciated!

I called the warranty center and they will be sending a refurbished one to me, and I'll be sending them this one since there is no damage on the phone. Thanks!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That is the best way to go. I sure hope mine doesn't do this. I will be so mad. It is bad enough that LG and VZW have not pushed 6.0.1.

0 Likes