BGarabrant

my lg10microphone does not work in a call, it works on speaker phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V10 microphone does not work
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The phone uses 2 different microphones.

There is one at the bottom for when your calls are not on speaker. It is the small hole to the right of the charging port. Sometimes dirt gets trapped in it. The other microphone is at the top on the left. It serves as a noise canceling microphone when you are not on speakerphone. It also serves as the main microphone when you are on speakerphone and video calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure the speaker works on phone calls is paramount BGarabrant. When did you start experiencing difficulities with the speak on your phone? Has there been any recent changes made to your phone when issues started?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BGarabrant

will try to blow out with air duster for computers. is the mic removable from inside phone? I do think it may have dirt in it

0 Likes
BGarabrant

I also did a full reboot to factory settings, did not fix so I do think it has dirt in it

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I remedy this by carefully inserting a small safety pin or sewing needle to loosen the dirt.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I cannot be held responsible for damage caused by doing this but I have done this many times

0 Likes