LG V10
JULBRI71
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you personalize notifications instead of having one sound for everyone?  On my Samsung Galaxy S4 I could set up a personal tone for notifications now on this new LG V10 I can't do this anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The per contact notification tone is a Samsung customization and not necessarily available on the other Android devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You have to customize message tones in the message app. If you want custom ringtones for each person that is done in the contacts app.

0 Likes
JULBRI71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I know about the contacts, however when you go to message App it won't change it for individual people it only changes it for the default tone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Messages+ app doesn't let you customize tones for each contact - it's one tone for all text messages.  There may be other third party texting apps that will allow you to use different tones for different contacts.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Messages + does let you do it. You go to the individual conversation then at the top right you go to the 3 dots and select customize.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Right you are!  I've changed a couple of people and we'll see if it actually works.  Was that added in a recent update?  I don't recall being able to change it that way before...

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have been able to do that since the G3 at least. Maybe even on my G2.

0 Likes