LG V20 Camera Glass shattered
Beepers89

I got my V20 on New Years Eve of this year and this past weekend I was at work and dropped it about 2 inches to my desk and the camera glass shattered.  It is in a Incipio case with a tempered glass screen cover...which is also cracked by the way, that happened within two days of owning the phone.

I went to Verizon, was instantly accused of dropping it on rocks.  I live in the city so, I don't know where this magical pile of rocks is.  But I insisted I didn't drop it on rocks but was met with very rude comments about how I just must have.

My only option according to Mr Rocks at Verizon was an insurance claim and pay out $140 bucks.  But then dude does a search online and finds out this is a common issue with this phone, and he advises to contact LG.  Well that was a waste of my time.  Customer Service basically said they had never heard of the issue even though it's all over the internet that it is. Wanted me to send them my phone and they will decide weather or not it is a warranty issue.

I am pretty [Removed] to say the least.  I came out of a Note 4 which I handled the same way for 2 years with no issues.  And according to Mr Rocks, the Note 4 is 200% times stronger than the V20.  Really?  Just wouldn't of guessed that.  *eye roll* Samsung doesn't have anything out that I like, the S7 is too small as I have eye sight problems and need a bigger phone.

Any advise?

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20 Camera Glass shattered
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A cracked glass always voids the warranty. The options remaining for you are to send it to LG for repair, file an insurance claim or locate a third party repair shop that can fix it to restore the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked online to see if you can get a new camera glass? It is usually held on by 2 screws and can be easily replaced.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe the LG V20 wouldn't be so easy as the V10.

0 Likes
mflandshark
Contributor - Level 3

it sucks because of the fact that LG phones are some of my favorites I have been lucky enough not to have one break on me. As for your issue the best bet would be to deal with the crack or pay the $140.00 and file a claim.

Considering you did technically drop it. (not on rocks or anything but still technically like you said you "dropped it") I'm using quotes because I think its [Removed] that a phone would have cracked from such a small fall but the manufacture and Verizon are going to see it for what it is and they more than likely wont cover repair or replacement of the screen protector or camera lens.

I would suggest checking a local repair shop for prices to see if maybe it would be cheaper to get it fixed that route

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Beepers89

The shattered camera glass is a known issue with the phone.  Its all over the internet, I first found it on Reddit.  Verizon suggested I call LG.  SO...I called LG and they claimed they had never heard of such a thing and to send them the phone and they will decide weather or not its a warranty issue.  I declined.  I don't have a back up phone. 

There are also no replacement parts for this phone either.  The glass is glued on...so no screws.  I am just doing a insurance claim.  I miss my Note 4.....I hate everything about this phone.

0 Likes