LG V20 Disable the Auto-resest after 10 incorrect pin attempts
drkbaker

I want to turn off the feature that auto-factory resets my phone if I enter the incorrect pin 10 times.  Normally it's under screen lock but I can't find it under settings>screen lock>  on the V20.  

Anyone find it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V20 Disable the Auto-resest after 10 incorrect pin attempts
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Security > Device Administrators

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Security > Device Administrators

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drkbaker

I turned that off but it did not deactivate the feature.  IT is still saying it will wipe my phone in 10 attempts.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Having your phone being wiped after the password reset is never any fun drkbaker . Lets make sure you have the directions you need to make sure you can change the options for your lock settings. I was unable to locate an option on this device that unlocks this feature on your device. You can disable the fingerprint settings via Settings > Fingerprints & Security> Fingerprints > Delete icon > Delete. You can also change the lock screen settings via Settings > Lock Screen > (From the Screen Security section, configure any of the following as preferred)  Tap the switch to turn on or off> Security lock timer or Power key instantly locks > Tap the switch to turn on or off. I hope this information was helpful. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
drkbaker

I don't want to leave the phone unlocked. I tend to set it down in places I don't want folks having unfetered access to my info. BUT I don't want someone malicious to wipe my phone. Will this be built into an LG/VZW update??

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Here's a tip: don't leave it laying around. What if someone "malicious" decides to steal it instead?

0 Likes
drkbaker

Stuff happens. Hopefully @vzw can include this option in a software update

0 Likes