LG V20 Flash Alert malfunction
rlbrvsm

When my phone rings the flash alert flashes - even though I have the toggle turned OFF for that function. Took it to the store I purchased from and they could not make if work properly either. They "did" make it work temporarily by opening the back and taking the battery out and then replacing it. However, that fix lasted only a few hours. I have the latest version (15A) of the OS installed. I saw no mention of this in the description of the fixes contained in the 15A update.

Ty,

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20 Flash Alert malfunction
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What exactly is happening that you want to stop from happening?

0 Likes
rlbrvsm

The flash alert is happening when the phone rings - and I don't want that to happen. As written in my post: "When my phone rings the flash alert flashes - even though I have the toggle turned OFF for that function".

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What is a flash alert that you are referring to?

0 Likes
rlbrvsm

It's a setting for hearing impaired. If toggled on, the flash will turn on and off when the phone rings. On my Vz LG V20 settings, it is under General | Accessibility | Hearing | Flash Alerts.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You said that it is toggled off?

Have you turned it off, closed all apps, removed the battery and restarted the phone?

0 Likes
rlbrvsm

From my original post: "They "did" make it work temporarily by opening the back and taking the battery out and then replacing it. However, that fix lasted only a few hours." Also, I have tried the apps off battery removal several time. Currently, the toggle is off, the flash continues.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Does it do it for ALL alerts? Only calls? Only text messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can certainly understand wanting to turn off this feature, Bob. That flash is very bright! Let's uncover why this is still happening. Do you have other accessibility features enabled on your phone? Are you using any special call app like Google Voice or Skype for calls?

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes