LG V20 Oreo Update Issues
sgkean

Finally got the Oreo update for the LG V20 last week.  After using it and totally resetting everything I've been experiencing several issues.

1. Locking up.  Previously I never had to reboot my phone, after getting Oreo, I've had to remove the battery several times today.

2. Audio Switching between Headphones and LG V20 speakers.  Randomly while playing music, it'll switch between the Bluetooth headphones, and the integrated speakers.  Doesn't play through the speakers (thankfully) but will require me to switch it back to the Bluetooth headphones.  Sometimes it'll still be on the headphones, but have to re-select them anyways.  Music keeps playing while it switches.  I can easily reproduce this if I lock the screen and put it in my pocket, it'll switch immediately.

3. Where is the Verizon data usage widget?  Was great to have that on my screen to be able to see the current state of data usage for the month without opening the full Verizon app.

4.  Battery life.  Seems to be charging a bit faster, but battery doesn't seem to last as long.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V20 Oreo Update Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the post software update issues that you are experiencing JUDAHH. Phone manufacturers create software updates to improve your wireless experience, and it is disappointing that your wireless experience did not improve in this particular case. My first recommendation is to run the LG Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade tool as per this link (http://spr.ly/6586DN76M) to repair any potential issues with your latest software installation. Please keep us posted after you run this tool.

Antonio_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pno4te
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having major problems with my V20 since the update.  Gallery and Bluetooth keep crashing and are virtually unusable.  Today I have been able to get text messages fro friends with iPhones but not Android phones!! Clearing cache and restarting the phone doesn't help at all.  I LOVED my V20 until this week!  This is infuriating.

0 Likes
DONBIX83

I am having the same problem as your #2. Randomly my media output will switch from my bluetooth headset to the phone speaker.  Media continues to play which makes my bluetooth headset useless since I don't know when it will randomly switch and cause a disruption.  Very Frustrating.....

0 Likes
sgkean

Something else I noticed last night, my location is randomly jumping around.  Was sitting at home, and suddenly my location was showing me 10-15 miles away.  Within 5 minutes, it's showing me back at home.  30 minutes later, I'm on the other side of town.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are meant to enhance a device, sgkean, not create issues. We’ll do all we can to help out. I checked our forums and at this point, there are no suggestions regarding the four issues you’ve raised. Can you tell us more about what you mean by “resetting everything”? Once we have a better idea of that, we can address the issues you’ve numbered one, two, and four. As for the third issue, the Verizon Data Usage widget, let’s check for it in the phone itself. Here’s how: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207759/

George_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pno4te, providing a seamless experience with your Bluetooth, gallery, and messaging is a must to be able to fully enjoy your phone, so it is mandatory that we turn your device experience around. Let's begin with the Bluetooth connection.

Please shed light into what devcies you are connecting to. Please provide me details into how long you are able to maintain a connection for.

Please check into how much storage you have in your device. You can check that information here: http://spr.ly/6584DNGQ6

Please check into if a third party application is causing the issue. You can do so with Safe Mode. Here is a link for instructions: http://spr.ly/6586DNGQ8

Akane_VZW

0 Likes
JUDAHH
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have MAJOR problems with the LG V20 after the Oreo update last week.

1) My Android Auto no longer automatically connects to my car when I plug in my phone. I have to go in and change the USB Options to "Charging" then "File Transfer" then back to "Charging" then to "Tether" and eventually after some sequence of this combination of changes, it connects to my car's Android Auto system. My car is an Acura MDX, and Android Auto worked fine until the update.

2) Google Authenticate stopped working, and even if I try to re-add the device to my account, it prompts me for the code, and the Google Site says it's Done and worked, but the app stays "stuck" on the "Enter this code" page.

3) Battery life before the update was about a day on a battery, maybe I'd have to charge at dinner time, but I could get through an 8-hour work day without a charge. Now I go through 2 batteries before dinner.

4) Every time I get a text, a Message+ text bubble notification appears, and it says, "Syncing Messages\r\nTemporary Background Processing" and it never goes away unless I reboot the phone or Force Stop on Message+

5) Touch screen stops working in Google Maps. I searched for a store, let's say Verizon Store. It shows me a big map of where Verizon Stores are near by. I click on the GPS "Center Location" icon (looks sort of like a compass circle). The screen zooms to my location. I try to pan the map around, and nothing...

Is there some way to revert the update? I loved my V20 before this update. Now I want to throw it away.

pno4te
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not connected to anything on Bluetooth because I had to turn it off. I have plenty of storage on my phone.  My phone will not restart in Safe Mode... just keeps restarting.

0 Likes
pno4te
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got into safe mode. Turned Bluetooth on and it did not crash. Gallery continues to crash whether being used or not, both in Safe Mode and after a normal restart. Still playing around with cache and uninstalling apps in hopes it will stop being so screwy!

pno4te
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally got into safe mode. Turned Bluetooth on and it did not crash. Gallery continues to crash whether being used or not, both in Safe Mode and after a normal restart. Still playing around with cache and uninstalling apps in hopes it will stop being so screwy! And Bluetooth is crashing again.

I have cleared the cache in Safe Mode as well as cache in specific apps  too.  

0 Likes