Re: LG V20 Smart Settings
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pulled down quickshortcutmaker and it does give you the smart settings; however, to get the WiFi profiles to work you need to be able to set your home in My Places which is supposed to exist under locations. . . But Verizon has removed the My Places! Aaargh ! I am currently waiting 5 days to see if smart settings will pick up my home location (it says that in the Smart Settings menu) but I am not hopeful.

I haven't had any luck unmasking the My Places. Do you have any recommendations ?

Thank you for the post .

0 Likes
rob8151
Enthusiast - Level 1

My places is activeve on my device, the link for the fix still didn't work. Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where did you find my places?  It looks like everything else is working on mine if I can get that to work.  Just like someone else mentioned, I'm going to wait the 5 days and hope it works.  Does anyone have a clue on why Verizon disabled this feature, the FM radio, the Google In Apps app, and possibly other itemS while the other carriers leave them alone?  Is Vetizon trying to give peopl ammunition to leave and go to their competition?  I know they want us to use more date, but I don't think it would be that dramatic of a difference.  I just don't get it.

0 Likes
sll1313
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm confused, but I thought multi window works.  Maybe what I'm thinking multi window is different than what it actually is.  Isn't that the feature when the two apps are working on the screen at the same time?  Or is this another feature that I'm not aware of?  I think I've seen it called split screen.  Or are these 2 different features?  I appreciate any info on this because maybe there is another feature that I was unaware of that my phone is supposed to have access to.  I'm really happy I like the LG V20 as much as I do because I would normally be very upset to find out that I paid for a phone that didn't have all the features that were advertised all over the net.   I always knew that Verizon put on their own software, but I never realized Verizon disabled features on their phones that all the other carriers have enabled until I purchased this phone.  How disappointing!

0 Likes
DONWIL68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why doesn't Verizon respond to these questions about Smart Setting and My Places?  I checked a T-Mobile LG V20 and both Smart Settings and My Places are there.  My guess is Verizon doesn't want customers to be able to set wifi to come on when you get home automatically,  cutting down on data use. 

Verizon - please respond - when will these features that LG provided be activated?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DONWIL68 wrote:

Why doesn't Verizon respond to these questions about Smart Setting and My Places? I checked a T-Mobile LG V20 and both Smart Settings and My Places are there. My guess is Verizon doesn't want customers to be able to set wifi to come on when you get home automatically, cutting down on data use.

Verizon - please respond - when will these features that LG provided be activated?

This is a peer to peer community forum.  A response from a VZW rep isn't guaranteed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I chatted with a support rep online he didn't know anything about it, he kept trying to walk me through how to turn my WiFi on and off. When he finally asked a supervisor about the smart settings I was given a standard response  from their hand book, "well sir every network is different and at Verizon we may have to disable some functionality to ensure that each device runs smoothly on our network." Regarding smart settings that made absolutely no sense to me because it has nothing to do with the phone running on their network (other than like you said, trying to make sure we use as much mobile data as possible). Anyway, the 5 days to automatically set the home location didn't work so I'll just wait to see if they 'fix' it on the next release.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Split screen isnt disabled you can still do it.

0 Likes
lhbert
Enthusiast - Level 2

Split screen also works for me, the only thing I have noticed with split screen, that I had seen in some reviews, is that there isn't the option to pin apps that you don't want to close when you select close all. I don't know if that was part of Android 7 or part of the LG UI?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LG UI I believe.  He's my Nexus 5X.  I don't see any pinning option.

I know you can pin apps so people can't switch between apps or get out of an app.  That should be in settings and is off by default iirc on all devices.

0 Likes