Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,328 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
LG V20 - Verizon telling me this phone will no longer be supported
TIMBAL3

I have an LG V20 that I was going to switch from an S6 to use the V20 but Verizon is telling me they can't switch to the V20 because it's no longer being supported on their network.  Anyone else know if this is true?  It was my son's phone, with 2 extra batteries.  Seems to be a great phone but now I can't use it on Verizon.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20 - Verizon telling me this phone will no longer be supported
boringusername
Master - Level 1

which model is it? is it a Verizon version? post the model number

0 Likes
TIMBAL3

Model LG-US996.  It has been on Verizon and I was just going to upgrade phones.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

That's not a Verizon version. So it doesn't have support for Verizon's VoLTE and as of July 1st only phones that supports Verizon's VoLTE can be activated. If you had the Verizon version there wouldn't be an issue.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

boringusername is Correct...I Have the LG-V20 and I'm currently using it on the Verizon Network, but I have the Verizon Model (VS995).  Only Verizon Compatible phones will work on their Network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When in doubt, you can verify that your device is compatible with the Verizon Wireless Network. This can be done by entering the IMEI here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/checkDevice .

0 Likes