Re: LG V20 speaker static
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered the phone online and to my understanding I am already over the 14-day after purchase return window and can only return it through my insurance.  I'll speak with a Verizon rep just to be sure tomorrow morning though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't return a phone after the 14 day return policy period. You exchange it with a refurbished phone in a warranty claim or if the warranty doesn't cover the damage like a cracked screen, then you exchange it through the insurance claim after paying the deductible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MRRICH1

This issue is covered under warranty just call Verizon they will ship you a

new one and give you packing instructions to send the defective phone back.

There is no reason to use insurance and pay a deductible!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm saddened to learn of the device that issue that you're experiencing miketen and your efforts are appreciated. Let's get to the bottom of this, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brawlman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Keep us posted...

FYI,  check/call square trade because I Beleive you hv 30 days to buy their insurance and you can buy from Costco.  In the future think about buying your phone from Costco because

1) no $30 restocking fee when returned 14 days from purchase. Refund full price

2) 90 days to exchange phone...

3) the V20 was only avaliable via Costco online ordering or order in store without a contract, but well worth it...

0 Likes
SQUI

I have the same exact problem. Was playing music tonight and the speaker sounds horrific. The first time I played music so I never heard it before. Did your phone have to be replaced or was there another solution?

0 Likes
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon sent me a replacement after having me do a factory reset and the distorted static was still present.  I've had the new replacement for a week and no problems so far.

0 Likes
Drico581

Same problem..same story...ordered the phone a couple weeks ago and loved it...now out of nowhere I'm getting a static feedback noise from the speaker...tried the same..soft reset and factory reset and the problem still exists...I picked up this v20 because of the quad dacs..and audio quality to now experience this after only 2 weeks on a new phone...how has this not been addressed with a recall or something...I'm grossly disappointed

VW help!!!!

0 Likes
miketen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am thoroughly enjoying my LG V20 and I have had no speaker problems after receiving my replacement unit a while ago.  I've done a few things differently based on my previous experience:  I don't play any media at very high/max volume and I only use the native or factory installed music and video apps when playing media as well.  If I do use other apps when playing media and play them at higher volumes I plug my headphones into the phone instead of using the speakers.  I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

They will help, you just have to call customer service and have them send you a warrant replacement.

0 Likes