LG V20k
ANNSNO14

I suddenly cannot use the camera or the Messenger on my phone.  They both shut down immediately when I turn them on.  Cannot take pictures and cannot read messages.  I turn them on and they go right off. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V20k
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you get an update recently?

I recommend a System Cache Clear (from the recovery/boot menu, not from Settings).

If that doesn't work - backup your important content and perform a Factory Device reset.

0 Likes
ANNSNO14

Did not get an update ... I checked that.  I cleared the cache.  I will turn off the phone until tomorrow and see what happens.  I might have to do a factory device reset.   Thank you

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANNSNO14, we always want to ensure that you can enjoy the device and that there are no issues with using the camera or messages. We’d love to do everything we can to help turn things around. Let’s dig into this further. When did your first notice this problem? Are you getting any error messages when you attempt to open the camera or send a message? Which messaging application are you experiencing the problem with?

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ANNSNO14

At the moment, the camera and Messenger seem to be working.  We shut off the phone over night but the problem with the camera was still there altho the Messenger was working.  Error message was that the camera had shut off when we clicked on it.  Similar message had been the same for Messenger.  They would turn on and then immediately shut off.  We had cleared the cache and removed and reinstalled Messenger...to no avail.  Then we removed the battery and Sim card and reinserted them.  We found that the Sim card had dislodged because once it snapped in, the camera and Messenger worked again. So it seems that the problem was a loose, disconnected Sim card.

Ann1e

0 Likes