Re: LG V30 8.0 update no notification badges
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIHAG33,

I appreciate the details. Software updates should enhance your device experience, and I'm sorry this update is doing some odd things. Let's dive deeper into this. Have you tried to remove the Facebook app and reinstall it? This is so you can set to receive notifications. I recommend doing the same for your Gmail account. Please reply with the results here.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LG V30 8.0 update no notification badges
BRIHAG33

I have been playing around for a couple days. I uninstalled several apps and tried. Here is what I noticed. No matter the app. I can get badges but only if I also get task bar notifications. If I clear the task bar notification the badges also get cleared. If I go into app settings and turn off task bar notifications then I do not get badges either. If I then turn the task bar notifications back on, the badges never work again. Does not matter the app. Also I had switched to Gmail because the badges were working, but in the same way only with task bar notifications and once they are cleared, the badges go away also. On top of that the gmail badges are 2x the right amount. If I have 12 emails in the am when I wake up the badges show 24. Telegram notifications stopped working, this was also after I had removed the "preview" notification. I set that back to "preview" and now I get no badges, no sound, no vibration. The only app that actually works the same way (badges, vibration, sound) is verizon text messaging.

Here is what happened before the Android update. Badges were correct number and no task bar notification. This is what I like, I do not need the task bar showing me previews or cluttering up my screen.

0 Likes