LG V30 - US998 update question
stringer3

I have an LG V30 unlocked US998 and haven't received an update since March. When I used the vzw update assistant, it says I dont have a valid IMEI number. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V30 - US998 update question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The updates for the LG V30 US988 unlocked model would be issued by LG and not Verizon Wireless. The VZW update assistant doesn't recognize the IMEI number because it isn't the Verizon Wireless model (VS996). You should check with LG to see what the most recent update is available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: LG V30 - US998 update question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, this is a great recommendation. Stringer3, LG has a Mobile Support Tool that allows you to update the software and firmware: https://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-US998-Unlocked. Please try to update the software at the link provided and circle back with us if you are still having trouble.

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!