LG V30 Wifi will not stay connected
lobalt

My wife and I both have LG V30s. Hers began exhibiting problems connecting to our home wifi a while ago. I assumed the problem was with our Xfinity gateway. However, I have replaced the gateway and she continues to have issues. Now, after previously having no issues connecting to the wifi, my V30 also refuses to maintain a solid wifi connection, and sometimes reports an error with the password (it hasn't changed). I have a few other devices connected to the wifi and they do not report any issues. I have performed the "Network Settings Reset", but it hasn't helped. Does anybody have any other suggestions, or is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V30 Wifi will not stay connected
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lobalt, we very much appreciate the legwork you put into this thus far. Swapping out the router for the most part eliminates the home internet as the cause of the trouble. The only constant I can think of from that standpoint is the security type.
What security type is the network using? (If WEP, please also test with WPA/WPA2, and advise if this resolves the behavior)

From the vantage point of the phone, is it on the latest software? The last one came out on April 20th.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-v30-update/

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lobalt

It's a fairly new router, doesn't even offer WEP. It was previously set to "WPA2-Personal" with AES encryption. I tried to set it to "WPA-Auto-Personal" with AES+TKIP encryption, which allowed for some consistent connections, but now we're dropping, again. I still have the option to set the authentication to "WPA2-Enterprise", but I doubt that's going to make much difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy a rock solid connection to your Wi-Fi network on your LG V30, lobalt. To confirm, have you checked to make sure you have the latest software on your phone? You can go to the settings app, "system update" and then "Check for new system update". If there is an update, download and install it. We would recommend trying another security type as a test. Let us know if the results vary at all. Also, how close are you typically from the Wi-Fi router? 

0 Likes
Salmor

I went through 3 v30 all had the same problem after security updates pure junk after paying for extended warranty on a older phone for years only to find out that phone was no longer available ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy s7 that I paid for.

0 Likes