LG V30 message access profile Issues
vimnnjicki

LG V30 message access profile works with 2018 Jeep Compass but not with 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Uconnect 730N.  Any remedies?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG V30 message access profile Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to connect to your vehicle, vimnnjicki. Let's look into this and get this fixed. What happens when you try to connect to the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Any error message? Have you tried to connect another device to the vehicle? 

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

See if Jeep has an update for the software on your 2012.

0 Likes
PHD033

I have same issue on Nissan Altima 2013 it's the LG phone causing the issue and Verizon and LG could fix it, but they won't!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHD033, I am sorry to hear your LG phone is causing issues with your 2013 Nissan Altima. I am here to assist. What make and model LG phone do you have? Can you provide more information on the issue your LG phone is causing?

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHD033

Hello Justin

I have a LG V30 version VS99620e.

My issue is, via Bluetooth, I can not send/receive texts on my 2013 Nissan Altima Navigation radio.

I can stream, make/receive calls, the radio sees my battery/signal strength, basically everything works except send/receive text.

I called LG.com was told to clear Bluetooth cache, (I did clear cache many times but texts still won't work in car).

I have tried Samsung S7, note 8, Motorola Moto Z force droid, phones with same operating system android 8 and those phones work for texting via my car radio.

I am trying to figure out why different cell mfg work and mine won't.

I have message Access selected under Bluetooth settings of my LG.

If I look at the other cell phones that work, the settings are all set the same.

I am using same texting program also, message+. All the cell phones are Verizon cell phones.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHD033, those are helpful details about your Bluetooth experience. I can understand how frustrating this would be. Let's explore some more. Did the texts ever work on this connection? Have you updated any software or applications recently?

Joel_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PHD033

Thanks for helping...

I think the message+ app had unheard texts or un received texts, the same day I sent u the last email, I started deleting older texts, I happened to be on WiFi at the time, and sudden I got A LoT of texts from months ago.

I waited till the old texts stopped being received, then I deleted more texts.

After a hours or so I left work, got in my car and about 10 mins later I got a text on my car system.

So... Now it works,,,

I thought maybe someone at Verizon wireless read my email and cleared a cache somewhere,,,, but after receiving your email,,, it must have been the old messages stuck "somewhere" that cleared out.

Well in the end thanks

2013 Nissan Altima Navigation messaging works now..... Woo hoo!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad to see that everything is now working @PHD033! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any other questions. Have a good day!

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
willhelp2
Enthusiast - Level 2

If the message access profile works, does it mean the Bluetooth works and pair with Uconnect? If the Bluetooth works then we know it's not the phone. Is LG V30 released after 2012? If it is, then the 2012 Uconnect may not have the new technology available for that message access profile for your LG V30. The Uconnect has a software that cannot be updated with internet unless your Cherokee is connected to the internet wirelessly and could update the Uconnect software. When a 2012 software is not updated or no updates available, then that could be what causing the LG V30 not to work with your Uconnect. Of course, the manufacturer (Jeep) would know more about this. Calling their technical support may give you more information. Usually they have a list of compatible phones with their Uconnect. If LG V30 is not compatible with 2012 Uconnect, then it is expected not to work properly or not at all.

0 Likes