LG Vortex: Problems with 'Home' button, phone lock, and predictive text
d_alexandra

Hi there,

About 3 days ago I realized my LG Vortex phone no longer locks when it goes to sleep (I no longer have to swipe the screen to open it), and my 'Home' button no longer works.  I've looked around online and have found other Vortex users complaining about this problem, and some claimed that this occurred because of erasing something in the Settings options.  I am prompted to clear my data every few weeks because I run out of space, and I can only assume that, on accident, I cleared something I should not have.  Any way to get these things working again?  My phone works, but the lack of home button is extremely annoying, and a time waster.  Also, not having phone lock allows random apps to open up.

On another note, around this same time the predictive text and spell-check on my text messaging disappeared.  Again, nothing that has caused my phone to not work, but I really enjoyed having these additions and would love to hear how to get them back.

I welcome any and all help, thanks very much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Vortex: Problems with 'Home' button, phone lock, and predictive text
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

If you have deleted some of your phone functions, you will need to reset you phone to it's factory settings.  I have provided instructions below.  I have also provided a link to your owner's manual below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5569&m=

Caution: If you perform a factory

reset, all user applications and

user data will be deleted. Please

remember to back up any

important data before performing

a factory reset.

How to perform a factory reset:

1. Turn the power off.

2. Press and hold: Home Key

+ Power/Lock Key +

Down Volume Key.

3. Turn the power on, while

keeping the three keys

pressed.

4. When the LG logo is shown,

release the keys.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

If you have deleted some of your phone functions, you will need to reset you phone to it's factory settings.  I have provided instructions below.  I have also provided a link to your owner's manual below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5569&m=

Caution: If you perform a factory

reset, all user applications and

user data will be deleted. Please

remember to back up any

important data before performing

a factory reset.

How to perform a factory reset:

1. Turn the power off.

2. Press and hold: Home Key

+ Power/Lock Key +

Down Volume Key.

3. Turn the power on, while

keeping the three keys

pressed.

4. When the LG logo is shown,

release the keys.

0 Likes
mgtjr

Would you mind trying the app Google Sky Map or any app that gives you compass directions?  My Vortex can't even find "North", not to mention other problems I am having with this phone

0 Likes