LG Vortex wont send txts !
cbrewer2077

PLEASE HELP!!!!   out of nowhere my LG Vortex stopped sending my txt messages. i dont think i am receiving them either. as far as i can tell everything else is still working (email, apps, etc) . i was playing around with the settings earlier and i am afraid i mightve turned off somehting that needed to be on... idk what to do- someone please help

(ive already restarded my phone twice and it didnt help, and i have full service)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex wont send txts !
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Try setting your Data Roaming feature on the device. Below is the steps of setting the Data Roaming.

1. From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Wireless & networks.
  4. Select Mobile networks.
  5. Select Data enabled and Data roaming.
    Note Enabled when a green check mark is present.
    • If presented, to acknowledge possible roaming charges, select OK.

0 Likes
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem.  I can receive texts just fine, but when trying to send, it just says "Sending..." but never completes.  I checked the settings mentioned above, and they are as required.  I've also tried powering off and back on.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

My settings were already set as suggested.  We found that by sending *228, everything would work again. I don't understand how or why this works, but...

Angie217838
Enthusiast - Level 1

You just helped me fix my phone. Thanks a ton. Seriously.

0 Likes