LG Vortex
Schmengee

Got the LG Vortex yesterday.

Got in an elevator this morning and I get a voice notification that the signal has been lost a few seconds later.  Found the UM online, reviewed that and previously spent way too much time examining the setup menus trying to figure out how to disable this undesirable feature.  No luck.  How do I disable this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Vortex
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just checked the manual on LG website. Per page 266 & 267, go back to the mobile network settings and select "ERI". It allows you to enable or disable ERI alert sound.
Try that and see if that works.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Go to Settings > wireless & networks > mobile network settings > turn off data roaming sound

Hope that helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Schmengee

Hmm.  No such option on this unit, i.e., Data roaming is a on/off toggle.  No associated sound settings.

Running Android 2.2 on LG Vortex.

Nothing relevant (presumably) in the Settings/Sound Settings.

Still looking for solution. 

0 Likes
Schmengee

Addendum:  Data roaming has been and remains OFF, i.e., would not seem to be related to this issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just checked the manual on LG website. Per page 266 & 267, go back to the mobile network settings and select "ERI". It allows you to enable or disable ERI alert sound.
Try that and see if that works.

0 Likes
jpmo

I found that if you take out battery and put it back in, kinda like a reboot, it shuts down voice prompt

0 Likes
Schmengee

The ERI setting did the trick.

0 Likes