LG phone overheating
Amanda308

I have bought two LG phones both have overheating issues and lose battery life quickly after a short period of time. I liked LG better than the old samsung because I could hear people better when talking on the phone but if this continues I will have to find something else. Is anyone else having these problems with LG?

I don't want to switch to Apple. I would prefer to stay with an android phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG phone overheating
Pobiddy

This might help.  I had my phone hooked up to receive my work emails.  The company had an "email jail" feature.  If you had too much mail in your inbox, you could no longer send emails until you deleted enough to be out of email jail.  A co-worker sent me a bunch of pictures one weekend that put me in email jail and I didn't know it.  I sent out an email to someone else from my phone.  Email jail wouldn't allow it and the poor phone kept trying to send the email.  It caused it to overheat and run the battery down real fast.  You probably have some type of app that your phone is trying to do but is not allowed to do, so it is spending lots of energy trying.  That runs down and heats up the battery.

0 Likes
Re: LG phone overheating
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes that's a good possibility. Like maybe the device is trying to backup / synch to the cloud or something.

If the phone is hot one might want to throw it into Airplane mode, which would shut off the radios.

If the OP's phone is an LG G2 (she doesn't indicate model), select Settings | Mobile Data. Select Menu. Check Show WiFi usage. Exit out of Settings, and go back into Settings | Mobile data. Now two tabs will be displayed (Mobile and Wi-Fi where before, only Mobile). Select each in turn and scroll down - you'll see each programs consumption of radio bandwidth. That might identify the culprit.

0 Likes