LGV10
Lildarryl

Good evening!!! Absolutely love this phone!!!!

I do have one nagging issue. This issue fixes itself with a reboot, but I would love to know if there is a fix. When I leave an area, my house for example, to where my phone was connected to WiFi, my phone doesn't automatically catch a 4G mobile data signal. I tried turning on and off the airport mode and mobile data, but this doesn't seem to work. Only the reboot solves the problem.

Any thoughts as to how to fix the issue?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LGV10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you leaving the mobile network setting on even while you are connected to a wifi router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lildarryl

Yes. I never turn the mobile data off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the network mode setting and change it to LTE/CDMA mode if it isn't set there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lildarryl

Just tried that as well... Same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lildarryl,

It is concerning to hear you have been having this issue with your V10. How long has it been doing this? You mentioned it is not picking up 4G, does it pick up any data connection (3G or 1X) after switching from WiFi?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lildarryl

Christina,

Thanks for the response. This phone has had this issue for as long as I have had it. I have had this phone for no longer than a month.

The phone doesn't connect to 1x, 3G or 4G. This remains an issue until I restart the phone. Once I reset, everything works perfectly.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lildarryl, this is not the way your phone should be working. When the Wi-Fi connection is no longer available it should automatically reconnect to the Verizon data network. Does this happen with all Wi-Fi connections not just the one at home? Are there other users with the same issue as you?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the SIM card in another device? A different SIM card in your phone?

0 Likes
Lildarryl

Mark,

This only happens on my phone. My wife has an iPhone and we use the same Wi-Fi but her phone connects to the Verizon network when we leave that WiFi and mine does not.

0 Likes