Re: Last software update cripples Motorola Razrs-> why?
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

1 week now with poor service, questions not answered, all eight oh so helpful techs but never actually accomplish anything.

I've even linked twitter Verizon support with this link on this board-> nothing.

What is the resolution to this problem?

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Good (late) Morning!

Today is Day 9 of my continuing outreach to Verizon/Verizon Support for a equitable solution (i.e correcting the problem with our Razrs).

I am performing what is known as 'due diligence'-> outreach, documentation, following instructions from tech support as instructed, when instructed. A court would normally see this as arbitration, but in this case, might only see one party acting in good faith.

I would really just like to see my phones working properly again. Nothing more. I depend on them for my business, I don't make money, I can't pay bills. Your particular bill is a large one.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Yeehaw404!

This is a very odd situation that you have. And we do need to find a fix for this ASAP, we don't want this causing any problems with your business. Since the problems started with the Voicemail have you been able to power the device off and then go through the steps of pulling the sim card from the device? If you haven't let's try that step for me: http://vz.to/1hQ72P9 Is it random when you get a 'direct to voicmail' call? Or is it just one number that is going straight to voicemail? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Kevin,

Yes, we did those steps while on Verizon phone support.

To clarify, the problems began after the reboot required by the pushed maintenance update from Verizon (yes, not Verizon's software, however after Verizon receives the update from Motorola, it is tested by Verizon and branding/hot spot lock down etc is applied at that time), the phones became sluggish, unresponsive, and then the erratic voicemail/text/phone behavior began.

I will report the Verizon Support Twitter Division is now in DM stage with me. Gave them the link to this page, in fact.

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

Might check your twitter account, Verizon.

VZSupport just dm'ed me asking for my billing password.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yeehaw404 wrote:

Might check your twitter account, Verizon.

VZSupport just dm'ed me asking for my billing password.

The same reps who post in this community also post via the Twitter account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

This may be, but Twitter is not a secure form of communication. I myself have used packet sniffers to read twitter messages in between accounts. Verizon should know better.

With my phone number, Verizon is able to access my account. I've never had to give up a password when dealing with my various Verizon accounts.

0 Likes
Mindful28
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can empathize with your issues. I also simply wanted to say that I notice Verizon asked you if you had been downloading an app that would cause a problem. I received that kind of response from a customer service rep last night when I called to get help with hundreds of photos simply disappearing from the Gallery. I was simply taking a photo! (Finally, after three calls, one fellow sought to help me, but I am pretty much on my own and am trying third-party software he suggested.) I was able to find that others have been having similar issues to mine by Googling about the latest software update to my device. Good luck!

Rsy325
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been having same problems w/ our 2 Razr Maxx phones. Very frustrating. I have completed all possible fix attempts to make them work. I have been w/ verizon when they called themselves GTE Mobile  yes 17 yrs.  As of 2 days ago my 4g is horrible. If I can even get it to open an app or web page. Not sure if they are cutting me off. We use hardly 1gb. Ever pick up your phone lately to see it going crazy &  you havent touched it?  Or restart on its own? 

Yeehaw404
Contributor - Level 1

I worked tech support many many moons ago at a small 10k user ISP-> very rarely would we allude to any fault of our own and I see that pattern here.

Here's what I think: When we had the upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean, it was like getting new phones. Quick, responsive, no real reason to upgrade and re-sign a 2 year contract. Two years after the introduction of the Razr, Verizon releases a maintenance 'update' that simply overpowers our phones, making them unstable. Here's the fun part, they make it near impossible to get a real help or some kind of satisfaction. I've talked to eleven (11) different techs via Twitter, here, chat, and phone. They try to wear you down, make you give up.

Makes you feel any better, I'm exactly where I started, 10 days later, with two messed-up phones and the final advice given tonight from Verizon was 'we note you are eligible for an upgrade'. Yes, I knew that. I had planned on giving the kids these Razrs and us getting Note 3's-> now I'm looking at buying FOUR (4) phones instead of two. They're the only game in town, ATT, Tmobile, etc etc have crap coverage. I seem to be stuck, excep Sen Bob Corker is aware of me and I got my congresscritter on speed dial. FCC might care as well as Obama's Consumer Protection board. I have nothing better to do with my spare time, especially since my phones won't work properly.

*sigh*

Not worn down yet, Verizon.