Latest Developer Preview version of Android 5.0 appears to come with battery draining bug. Are you having this problem?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Anyone having the BATTERY Drain Bug problem with 5.0 and is it a real  problem ?    see link for more information:   Latest Developer Preview version of Android 5.0 appears to come with battery draining bug

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Latest Developer Preview version of Android 5.0 appears to come with battery draining bug. Are you having this problem?
lbest
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to XDA developers the issue is with Wifi.  I have confirmed this with my wifes Samsung Galaxy S5.  We updated it last week to the new Android 5.0 upgrade from Verizon.  Wasn't really noticeable at first.  Tonight she turned on wifi with a battery level of 43%, it drained to 3% in about an hour.  Google Android developers have released statements on this very problem.  Things that can help this problem is to forget wireless networks that are not in range, also to update or uninstall older applications that have not been updated/optimized for Android 5.0.  A factory reset can also give a fresh start to fix this problem.  Bottom line, until a fix is released from Google and incorporated by Verizon as an update we will have to live with it.  On the bright side my Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4 Kitkat is running great and lasts two days on battery with typical use.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Latest Developer Preview version of Android 5.0 appears to come with battery draining bug. Are you having this problem?
Tidbits
Legend

Random. My 4 does my 5 doesn't. Coworkers 4 and 5 do not.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Interesting as it seems to come and go or not be there at all from a blog I was reading. Let's hope it not too wide spread. More information is needed for sure on this.

Tidbits
Legend

I think people are blaming it, but that's not the reason for the delay.  If it was delayed for that then they would have delayed 4.4 as it has a similar bug going around.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Yes that would seem logical to think and more offen then not we are quick to point a finger. I'll be watching the blogs to see.

Tidbits
Legend

(removed)   I posted it in the other thread.  Unsure if they are going to make that change on the N4 and N5.  It might be N6/9 change and later Nexus devices will have that change.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

B33
Legend

I'll be Watching here. Good info to know..

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1
lbest
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to XDA developers the issue is with Wifi.  I have confirmed this with my wifes Samsung Galaxy S5.  We updated it last week to the new Android 5.0 upgrade from Verizon.  Wasn't really noticeable at first.  Tonight she turned on wifi with a battery level of 43%, it drained to 3% in about an hour.  Google Android developers have released statements on this very problem.  Things that can help this problem is to forget wireless networks that are not in range, also to update or uninstall older applications that have not been updated/optimized for Android 5.0.  A factory reset can also give a fresh start to fix this problem.  Bottom line, until a fix is released from Google and incorporated by Verizon as an update we will have to live with it.  On the bright side my Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4 Kitkat is running great and lasts two days on battery with typical use.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

my battery life's the same as before the update.

0 Likes