Leaked Eris 2.1 available for download
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Google "android eris" and you'll see new blobs all over... read before you d/l and or install as the reports state it may not be the official release.

Note: I opened the archive and it's not a simple installer... It looks like the file system layout. Maybe its some prank built off the recently released Eris base code... who knows.

News link:

http://www.programmerfish.com/download-android-2-1-ota/

Download

http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/Official/system.rar

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Leaked Eris 2.1 available for download
ck125

Has anyone tried downloading this to verify it works and everything?

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2
So who's gonna be the guinea pig?
0 Likes
Alcaideariel12

Hey Guys:

To my understanding this update is for Moto Droid only and the thread started at Android Overdrive.com and for starters there's lots of contradiction in reference of this update, many say it's not official and other say it is. It's also posted at Motorola forum. I think that if it was official it would be sent to everyone OTA. I'm nobody to tell anyone what to do and I'm no tech. but it would be a shame to damage a working droid because of inpatients. Sorry for my two sense. 

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

"...damage a working droid because of inpatients"

Yeah, or impatience.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
Alcaideariel12

Forgive my error and thanks for the correction...:smileywink:

0 Likes
Art010606
Enthusiast - Level 3

the 2.1 sense rom has been out for awhile.  google XDA developers. all i will say on that one.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

truelove79 wrote:

"...damage a working droid because of inpatients"

Yeah, or impatience.  :smileywink:

I wasn't gonna say it, but since you opened that can of worms, it should also be "cents", not "sense". Spell check at its finest.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh yeah, I missed that one.  I guess I didn't make it past "inpatients".

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

if it is for the motorola droid, that "update" had been beaten to death as a fake because it never changed the phones kernals, version, or whatever.  it seemed that someone was playing a joke or something because it did nothing anyones phones who tried to download the file.

however, some hackers were able to develop the nexus one rom and insert into their droid but i for one am not willing to do that, so back to the waiting game.

0 Likes