Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
stef7
Master - Level 2

The problem with this, and you can check is it trips the KNOX flag, which nullifies the warranty...

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
RKP000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for that information. In my case, warranty had expired. Even if it hadn't, and I had known about voiding the warranty by downgrading, I would have done it anyway. No way I was going to live with 5.0 on my S5.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Understood. Then since you've done that, you can probably find the means to disable the nagging...

0 Likes
deacsrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lollipop - worst update/upgrade ever.  HATE IT and how my phone preforms

Coblebaby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update still hasn't actually worked for me. It's tried more than a dozen times and every time fails with error code 404. Based on this thread, I'm not sad to be missing it, but the new update pop-up is getting pretty annoying.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Coblebaby. I presume - if you wanted to try it you could backup up your important content, uninstall all downloaded apps, and doing an FDR, and then attempting to download and install it again.

Otherwise, you could try going the Software Upgrade Assistant / Kies route with a PC if you can find the ROM.

0 Likes
Coblebaby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, stef7. Right now, I'm just not sure I want to go through all that trouble for an update that people seem to hate.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Understood. I kept dismissing the upgrade dialog on my LG G2 until it was painful. Bit the bullet. Did a FDR first (after knowing my important stuff was secure) and then downloaded the update (over WiFi), and then let it install.

There are a few things I like, but really KK was amazing on the device. Luckily the LG G2 OTA, at least on my device is working properly. Swype seems odd, but otherwise things are functional.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Do to LG own programing software Lollipop 5.0 has fewer issues on the G2 then the S5, but the base code still has bugs. Lollipop will long be remembered as the "Titanic" of updates. Glad your up and running!

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Don't cave in and do the update unless you want the many headaches that come with it.  If you feel you must do the update, than go with a minimum of doing 2 FDR...not one and wipe it clean. The biggest hit to your phone will be SLOW  performance and lag time of certain apps and that is only the beginning.