Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your phone after the update crispycritter7036. Have you tried a factory reset after your update?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Let's hear from YOU on your S5 & 5.0 update, normal, not working, I'm in trouble?
crispycritter7036
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I have tried a factory reset.  Phone is still heating up and battery life drains very quickly. 

0 Likes
loudstangdriver
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5

Battery runs down in hours,  phone gets hot, Bluetooth has issues with car stereo, and the phone is overall VERY slow.

Cutting the display brightness down helped some on the battery but nothing like when I was running 4.4, I would only charge once a day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crispycritter7036,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I completely understand why you're concerned about this. Did you restore from backup when you completed a factory reset? Did you turn off bluetooth, GPS? Did you download new applications after update?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cruisencode
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have similar issues.  Phone runs warm/hot, battery drains very fast, and the system is slow. I've tried wiping the cache partition, and everything else I've read online.  The only thing I haven't done is a FDR.  I really don't want to spend half a day reinstalling/reconfiguring all of my apps.  I've never had an update (iOS or Android) kill a phone this badly.  This is just unreal!

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Thanks for all the reports as they may help to bring about a working update sooner from Google on the many issues with 5.0 on S5. Google,Samsung and Verizon all need to be posted on what the issues are and to quickly get out a patch/update.

B33
Legend

Yup Good reports keep em a rolling..

0 Likes
rrinn

Since the 5.0 update I've been fighting the same problems as everyone else:  Extremely slow operation, battery drains very rapidly (2-3 hours), bluetooth dropping out in my car, phone running hot, etc.  I tried clearing the cache partition as suggested, and seems to make the phone operate normally for a few hours, but then it degrades again to a slow, hot, short-lived mess.  I have to perform the cache clearing several times a day just to keep the phone operational.

VERIZON!!!  HELP US!!!!

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Sorry to hear the bad news but Google and Verizon will get this together hopefully soon for all S5 users.

0 Likes
dave818

After the update my S5 battery life was shortened by 2/3, the phone ran extremely hot and updating apps was very slow. Clearing the cache didn't help and I finally had to perform a factory reset. This seems to have resolved the major problems but my battery life is less than it was prior to the update. Sorry I updated. I also updated my wife's S5 at the same time and her phone is working fine. No problems at all.

0 Likes