Lg Ally Cycles power when charging
nighthawk

MY LG Ally cycles power when turned off and plugged into the charging unit. I am unable to charge the phone in the off state. Is this a normal function of this phone? All of the other phones I have owned allow charging with the phone off. The battery charges faster. As soon as the phone is turned off, it turns itself right back on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg Ally Cycles power when charging
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Some phones do require for it to be powered on in order for the phone to charge. In this case it sounds as if this phone can only be charged with it on. Unfortunately I'm not able to test the phone to fully determine whether or not this is true or if it is a defect of some sort. You can always take it to a store and have them compare it with another LG Ally.

0 Likes
bmg415

I'm really hoping that LG will be coming out with a software fix for this.  I hate leaving my phone on all the time.

0 Likes
Airfield_Annie

My LG Ally does the same thing.  I was just searching for an answer and came across your post.  I guess it is just the phone.  I don't like for it to be on because I am sure my notifications will be sounding off.  I go to bed a lot earlier than everyone in my house and charge my phone in our living room.  Guess I will have to put it on silent too.  I have had several LG's and they never did this.  I hope they come up with a fix for it.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I believe it's a feature of the Android OS as it seems like all of them will turn on if you plug it in with the device off.  So even if you plug it in and then power the device off afterwards, it cuts back on.  The Motorola Droid I have will turn on if you have the device off and then plug power into it but you're able to turn the device off after you've plugged it in and it will stay off.

0 Likes
wgbeatty

I can confirm that plugging the phone in, and powering off does not keep the phone off. It restarts again to continue charging.

I just either put it Silent mode or in Airplane mode at night if I don't want to receive calls, or have the phone perform and type of syncing, etc.

Warren

0 Likes
lobsterdevil

Same issue with my Ally.

Orin

0 Likes
Lovelilady

Thank goodness - I thought it was just my Ally.  Even though it stinks, its nice to know I'm not the only one that is a little freaked out that my phone is on virtually all the time, even at night when it is charging. 

0 Likes